Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

What is the current ratios of Work Coaches, Case managers, and Decision Makers to claimants?

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1003

Dan Manville
forum member

Greater Manchester Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 458

Do we know what it was historically or what the ideal ratio is imagined to be?

forum member

Send message

Dan Manville - 15 August 2022 10:47 AM

Do we know what it was historically or what the ideal ratio is imagined to be?

Sort of Dan, there have been projected figures in the past by NAO highlighted in Rightsnet news and so on. I’ll try and find something.

forum member

Send message

forum member

Send message

What is the current ratio of Work Coaches to Universal Credit Claimants in the following jobcentres - Bridport, Blandford, Bournemouth, Poole, Ringwood, and Weymouth as of July 2022?

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/what_is_the_current_ratio_of_wor_4

Would be brilliant if people leapfrogged this and put in their own FOI’s for their own areas so researchers can map distribution of WC’s across the nation, make comparisons between urban and rural (demographics will play a role I’m guessing) and so on and so forth.

Dan Manville
forum member

Greater Manchester Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 458

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District - 17 August 2022 11:04 AM

Would be brilliant if people leapfrogged this and put in their own FOI’s for their own areas so researchers can map distribution of WC’s across the nation, make comparisons between urban and rural (demographics will play a role I’m guessing) and so on and so forth.

I am recalling the thank you cards debacle.

I imagine anyone else will likely get met with a refusal on costs grounds and a(nother) snarky “we know what you lot are up to on Rightsnet” reply with an explanation that they can treat multiple requests as one request when considering the costs limit.

forum member

Send message

Dan Manville - 17 August 2022 11:55 AM
Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District - 17 August 2022 11:04 AM

I am recalling the thank you cards debacle.

I imagine anyone else will likely get met with a refusal on costs grounds and a(nother) snarky “we know what you lot are up to on Rightsnet” reply with an explanation that they can treat multiple requests as one request when considering the costs limit.

You may well be right Dan (thanks by the way! reminded of drawing boards)!

Forgotten about the thank you for sanctioning me cards.

Nicked the thought off a researcher from Shelter who wrote to all the LA’s requesting numbers of benefit capped claimants using FOI’s

That said UC is woefully under resourced ‘snarky’ responses or otherwise. Reflected in administration and decision making.

As a first tier org we see cases first hand that second and third tier orgs will only see if first tier orgs refer on.

So got to etc etc