to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Reallocation of earning from one AP to another

T Benson
forum member

Bristol City Council WRAMAS

Send message

Total Posts: 10

Has anyone experience of getting/trying to get earnings reallocated from one monthly AP to another? The legislation I am thinking of using are reg 2 paras 5 and 6 of the UC earnings amendment regs 2020 (SI2020/1138). The DWP has a discretion whether to reallocate earnings however for this particular bit of the regs the ADM is threadbare so I suspect that there is a hope that people will forget about it instead of actually using it.

Timothy Seaside
forum member

Housing services - Arun District Council

Send message

Total Posts: 539

I have a tenant who had a bit of trouble with this the first couple of times it came up after the amendments, but we got it sorted out fairly quickly. Last time I spoke to her it all seemed to be working okay, although it was a bit rubbish because they wouldn’t reallocate the earnings until after the payment statement was produced - and it was up to the tenant to remind them every time. So it wasn’t generally getting changed in time for the payment date, a week later - which frequently messed up her APA and increased her arrears.

I think the issues with the ADM are probably just that the regs are so vague that it’s hard to give any advice on it, and they’re probably waiting for some caselaw. Although it’s always possible that you’re right and it’s a deliberate ploy. Nothing to see here.

Ianb
forum member

Macmillan benefits team, Citizens Advice Bristol

Send message

Total Posts: 958

When they brought the regulations in sure they said that payments would be detected and reallocated automatically by UC.

annief
forum member

Benefits adviser - Maggie's Centre, Edinburgh

Send message

Total Posts: 107

Ianb - 10 June 2022 07:51 PM

When they brought the regulations in sure they said that payments would be detected and reallocated automatically by UC.

This worked for my son in December, but they took 2 wages into account for May, so I have had to tell him to ask for a MR. If he doesn’t get UC in May, he loses out on the cost of living payment. It would be so easy if they did do it automatically but there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason as to how they work.

T Benson
forum member

Bristol City Council WRAMAS

Send message

Total Posts: 10

Thanks for these replies. Reasonably encouraging 😊 !

seand
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Wheatley Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 302

Here’s the less encouraging response my client received recently to a request to reallocate earnings to an earlier month:

“Hi *****,

I’m sorry but we cant change assessment periods. We would expect you to budget for this event,

thank you” from Dundee service office.