× Search rightsnet
Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Access to justice and advice sector issues  →  Thread

Contacting the DWP

HarlowAC
forum member

Harlow Advice Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 184

I’ve seen a few posts where advisers have mentioned nominated people they can contact in the DWP at the local level with benefit issues. I’ve forgotten the job title used but along the lines of a liaison person.
We are finding the local office is becoming less and less accessible and wondered how people are managing elsewhere?

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

Could contact the ‘partnership manager’ when I worked in Edinburgh. In addition they provided a chart of people to contact at various JCPs around the city or for specific issues.

From the sounds of it this varies considerably between Cities/JCPs though, with some being more or less helpful. Don’t know if there is anything like a nominated person in each one?

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3128

Va1der - 15 March 2022 08:51 AM

. Don’t know if there is anything like a nominated person in each one?

There is a partnership manager everywhere, although they each operate slightly differently in terms of what measures they set up for escalation.

NeverSayNo
forum member

Welfare rights department - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 195

Our Partnership Managers have been really good over the years. So long as client and/or their social worker has tried to resolve the issue first, if this hasn’t worked she is more than welcome to take up escalation issues. I think they can recognise the value in our service bringing such issues to her attention.

HarlowAC
forum member

Harlow Advice Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 184

Thanks all for info