to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Call back times

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

Just flagging this up and having a moan.

I have a severely sight impaired woman with various other disabilities and mental health problems who has never used a computer or smart phone and recently had to claim UC. A Housing Association worker made a UC claim for her when she moved in to the area but didn’t think to keep a record of the username, password etc when doing so. The claim was later switched to a telephone claim but my client doesn’t know the security question answers either and so can’t speak to anyone about a problem with her payments and to report that she is moving house. I rang a week ago and asked for an urgent call back from a Case Manager as she was locked out of her account. No call back as of today so I rang again and was originally told that call backs could take up to a month (a month!). Then was told that they may not call at all but they can’t tell me either way because of confidentiality etc.

Referred it to the MP who contacted UC straight away. Just received an email from the MPs office: ” I’ve contacted the DWP. Their service standard is fifteen-twenty working days at present…”

Up to 4 weeks to get a call back for an extremely vulnerable woman who is locked out of her UC account, receives varying amounts each month with no idea why and can’t report a change of circumstances. What an utter disgrace UC is.

Vonny
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Social Inclusion Unit, Swansea

Send message

Total Posts: 486

Do you know who your dwp advanced customer person is, because your client is vulnerable this would be worth a try, I’ve only got details for the Welsh ones.