Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

Social Security Scotland - Implicit consent?

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

Does SSS have any procedures in place for dealing with advisers under implicit consent?

Any guidance we can rely on when phoning them?

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3211

Don’t see why this doesn’t apply in Scotland.

Working with representatives: guidance for DWP staff

Va1der
forum member

Send message

I meant the organisation SSS - Tèarainteachd Shòisealta Alba, not social security/DWP IN Scotland :)

Looks like they try to be more user friendly than DWP, but on this particular area I’ve struck out so far - their phone staff acted like UC staff and one of them just hung up on me.

[ Edited: 2 Nov 2021 at 11:01 am by Va1der ]
seand
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Wheatley Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 302

This is an issue with SSS that other advisers have been trying to resolve for some time. I know of others who have tried to speak to SSS about it, but been met with blank confusion. I think it wasn’t really considered and wonder if someone just thought that their principles of openness plus the advocacy service they intend to introduce would mean that a 3rd party intervention isn’t ever necessary

The imminent roll out of CDP means it’s likely that advisers will need to use implicit consent more

I’m going to ask the adviser I know who was looking into it, but I suspect I know the response.

Va1der
forum member

Send message

Thanks Sean.

I’ve sent an email to ask their Edinburgh relationship lead about it too. Hopefully she will have something productive to say.

Va1der
forum member

Send message

SSS got back to me today.

They are working on both explicit (similar to UC by the sounds of it) and implicit consent options.
Should also be something in the way of escalation as they recognise it’d be a lacklustre comparison to DWP if they don’t.

No specific timeline, just ‘as soon as possible’. In the meantime, at least the relationship lead here is, open to be contacted directly with urgent client issues.

Jane99
forum member

Benefits and employment advisers team, Parkinsons UK

Send message

Total Posts: 20

Late to the fair here. I am having similar issues - has anyone got any further?