to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Universal Credit amount   paid short   o f what was   promised

TJL
forum member

Derby advice - Derby Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 251

UC have failed to pay amount   to client short by some £60 no onbvious reason why,  have tried to contact UC and   DWP any ideas as to make them take   his case seriously?

Thanks   in advance

Toby Lintern Derby Advice

Timothy Seaside
forum member

Housing services - Arun District Council

Send message

Total Posts: 539

TJL - 07 October 2021 02:59 PM

UC have failed to pay amount   to client short by some £60 no onbvious reason why,  have tried to contact UC and   DWP any ideas as to make them take   his case seriously?

We probably need a bit more information.

I’ve never seen anybody get a different amount to what their payment statement said. But I’ve seen plenty of cases where the payment statement was changed later (up or down) without any real explanation on the journal. The fact that they just replace the original payment statement with the new one, leaving no trace, can make it very hard to work out what is going on.

Have you seen the payment statement? Could it be possible that the award was revised up before you saw it?

TJL
forum member

Send message

As far as I can   get from him that doesn’t seem to apply; he also is reasonably able to express himself and   understand what   is said to   him the   implications   of their actions and   how n he will be helped and when.  There is   nothing   like a change   of circumstances, the   only   possibility which I’ve   just thought   of and would be an automatic deductionpresumably might duductions or deductions re a former partner.

This would be   despite   him being told £x would be   paid via an advance payment but   in reality it was £x less than this figure

WillH
forum member

Locum adviser - CPAG in Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 365

Is this an advance on a new claim, a change of circumstances, or a budgeting advance?

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1005

We have just picked up a similar case, colleague compared bank statement with UC payment. Substantial disparity.

Colleague rang UC enquiry line who advised that they were unable to explain the apparent discrepancy, but advised we contact DWP debt management?

Deductions on payment statement do not account for the sum involved?

TJL
forum member

Send message

Thanks for your reply as   it seems that there   is   no obvious reason for thing s to be so.

I suspect that answer   may   lie   in a computer programme working   out and   paying £x and UC staff detailing reassuringly   you shoul d receive £y -it will be   interesting to keep each   other   informed   on this

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1005

Will do Toby!!!!!!!!

Colleague Sarah is going to share with CPAG EWS .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address), you may want too as well.