to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Multiple UC claims for deputies

CDV Adviser
forum member

Nestor Financial Group Ltd

Send message

Total Posts: 493

As only one claim for UC can be made per email address, does anyone know how deputies/appointees etc go about applying for more than 1 client?

Carolyn McA
forum member

Adviser, Citizens Advice and Rights Fife

Send message

Total Posts: 53

I can’t think of any other way round this than the deputy creating a new email address for each claim. Sometimes claimants have to do this too - for example, I had a client who had let his mum use his email address on her claim, so had to create a second email address when he needed to make a claim himself. Use of an email client - so that mail for all the addresses appears on the same mailbox - may simplify the admin for multiple claims.

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

There was a discussion thread about problems for corporate appointees / deputies & UC claims in the early days of UC (but a search does not bring this up - Daphne et al can you assist?).

As I recall (could be mis-remembering!) the conclusion at that time was that there was no alternative to a separate email from each claimant - although DWP eventually made a limited concession regarding the use of the same email when making the initial claim for setting up passwords etc?

Rosie W
forum member

Welfare rights service - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 471

Carolyn McA - 14 July 2021 08:43 AM

I can’t think of any other way round this than the deputy creating a new email address for each claim. Sometimes claimants have to do this too - for example, I had a client who had let his mum use his email address on her claim, so had to create a second email address when he needed to make a claim himself. Use of an email client - so that mail for all the addresses appears on the same mailbox - may simplify the admin for multiple claims.

Our Deputies do exactly that - separate email for each client and mail goes into a single inbox. I thing that’s likely to be what most Deputy teams are now doing.

CDV Adviser
forum member

Nestor Financial Group Ltd

Send message

Total Posts: 493

Thank you for the replies.

UC, the gift that keeps on giving.