Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

PIP2 Online / PIP Apply Pilot - Experiences? Are we seeing these regularly?

Macmillan Welfare Benefits
forum member

Macmillan welfare benefits team - Citizens Advice Leicestershire

Send message

Total Posts: 9

Following on from this thread https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/17113 it seems we were expecting online PIP2’s to become a standard offer from June 2021.

We do a lot of PIP forms, and so far we have had one person come through with an online PIP claim (we are in Leicester). Some client’s are advising they weren’t offered the online option.

So I wondered what everyone else is experiencing? Is this still a trial being offered randomly or should it be for everyone now?

With remote working still being our normal the online PIP2 just seems a much better option. It would be good to advise client’s to ask for the online form when claiming PIP (where appropriate) but we want to make sure this is something open to everyone before we do.

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

I can ask via stakeholder forum what current situation is - I’ll fire off an email now…

Macmillan Welfare Benefits
forum member

Macmillan welfare benefits team - Citizens Advice Leicestershire

Send message

Daphne - 28 June 2021 02:51 PM

I can ask via stakeholder forum what current situation is - I’ll fire off an email now…

Thanks, really appreciate it.

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

Under the impression from elsewhere it had slipped to July and there were still issues with saving as you go along.

Can’t come soon enough though really.

Helen Rogers
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Stockport MBC

Send message

Total Posts: 233

I’ve seen one online PIP form so far.
Don’t know if other clients are being offered them.

Paul Stockton
forum member

Epping Forest CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 291

I haven’t seen any online versions, and for good measure the paper version currently being issued isn’t the same as the specimen version on gov.uk.

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

Reply via stakeholders -

There were delays with full roll out due to some IT issues that were picked up and as such we are still only offering to a limited 500 customers per day.

I understand there is a meeting this week to discuss full roll out and I will hopefully be able to update via OSEF next week.

I’ll update here when I hear anything further…

Kit_J
forum member

Macmillan Cancer Support

Send message

Total Posts: 7

Going through one of these with a customer for the first time next week, albeit over the phone. While I hope it just mimics the PIP2, does anyone know at all what the online portal looks like for a claimant? Couldn’t find anything from a quick google.

Eddy
forum member

Advice and Guidance, National Deaf Children's Society. London

Send message

Only come across one online PIP2 so far - client in Scotland.

Wolfie
forum member

Citizens Advice Staffordshire North and Stoke on Trent

Send message

Total Posts: 7

We (in Staffordshire) are seeing more clients with online forms. Does anyone have further update on this? Specifically if the online PIP2 differs to the paper forms in content and if there’s a portal containing an example we can view?

JoW
forum member

Financial inclusion manager - Wythenshawe Community Housing

Send message

Total Posts: 343

We are hearing about these now. People given option of online claim or paper when they call. Can people just get online without calling? Like a UC claim?

Anyone got any further info? Daphne did you get anything via Stakeholders?

Is it just the PIP1 or PIP2 too?

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

It’s the PIP2 form.

The only reply I’ve had is what I posted above but I can email again for any updated info…

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

Had a reply saying -

‘... as it stands the current position is unchanged ie 500 customers per day are being offered the online process if appropriate.

The project are aware of the interest in full rollout and have agreed that if there are changes, they would let me know in order to update all.

I will just send them an email to confirm the position still stands and see if they do have anything further to share with me at this point which of course I will then share with you.’

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

Further update from DWP -

The digital PIP2 is now being offered to 2500 people a day and plans to increase this are currently being reviewed.  As always, we want to ensure that any further expansion is done in a way to ensure that the system is working well for our customers.  The offer of the digital PIP2 is not determined by geographic area but is presently only offered to claimants who have access to an email address and are confident that they can complete the PIP2 online.

Edit - just had a correction through from DWP - should read 2,500 per week!

[ Edited: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:53 am by Daphne ]
clive
forum member

Newcastle Council Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 122

Hi
So given its an online form and not a pdf, does anyone have mock up or screen shots of what it looks like? Thank you

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

If you go to the normal how to claim link on gov.uk and you’re one of the lucky 2,500 then it will show you the link and allow you to view, complete etc. If it’s not your turn then it won’t. Interesting way of doing it. Yesterday the link was there for me and today it is not. My turn has obviously come and gone 😊