to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  The Social  →  Thread

Eurochimp is go ...

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3773

With this year’s Chimpions league already but a distant memory, and it being another two weeks until next season’s fixtures start to get announced, I thought we might need something to help us while away the time ... and so, welcome to rightsnet’s Eurochimp 2020 ...

Looks like it’s kind of the same format as the regular Chimpions league, although with some tweaks to the rules and a better website (and app) ...

If you’d like to sign up, you just need to -

- pick your team and then register it at: https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020fantasyfootball/create-team
- enter the rightsnet Eurochimp 2020 league code

See you there ..... ⚽ ⚽ ⚽

Cheers - Shawn

[ Edited: 12 Jun 2021 at 04:34 pm by shawn mach ]
Alan Markey
forum member

Director - Coventry Independent Advice Service

Send message

Total Posts: 46

Just set up a NAWRA Europa league (with 2 members!) and was coming here to tell you about it. Great to see you’re a step ahead as always! Thanks for setting this up Shawn.

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Great stuff Alan, cheers .... are you still continuing with the NAWRA league too? If not, do point NAWRA members at this thread at the conference later ...

... In other news, my draft squad seems to be only made up of players I’ve heard of from the English Premier League (apart from QPR’s Lyndon Dykes of course) ... I really do need to get out more ....

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Congratulation to Peter’s ‘Boys in Green’, winners of our Eurochimp 2020 league 🏆 .... soared into the lead in the group stages and never looked back ... Peter, the postal orders are in the post ...

Next up*: https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/worldcup/qatar2022 (.... only 496 days to go 😂)

⚽ ⚽ ⚽

* although I may have already set up the 2021 chimpions league .. let me know if you’re already desperate to get back on the football horse and would like the league code ...

Cheers .. Shawn

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3196

I don’t think I looked at mine after the tournament kicked off tbh.

ROBBO
forum member

Welfare rights team - Stockport Advice

Send message

Total Posts: 334

I think there should be a special prize for anyone who read and understood the rules.

And, of course, for anyone who filled their team with Leeds players, or people who sounded like Leeds players, until the final when there was only one left.  But at least he was a good one.

HB Anorak
forum member

Benefits consultant/trainer - hbanorak.co.uk, East London

Send message

Total Posts: 2895

I discovered the transfer function just before the semi-final, having followed my son’s advice when assembling the original squad to stuff it with Turkish players and ignore Italians.

Mark Willis
forum member

Welfare rights worker - CPAG in Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 142

Thanks for organising it, Shawn, made the tournament more interesting after Scotland’s exit. My strategy of only picking Chelsea/ex-Chelsea players didn’t work out as well as I had hoped; I should have played my limitless wildcard after the second round but my captain got off at Mornington Crescent.

Inverclyde HSCP Advice Services
forum member

Inverclyde Council

Send message

Total Posts: 142

Second the comments from Mark. Thanks for organising.

NAE PASARAN!

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

The attention to detail from WR advisers is heart-warming/deeply worrying. Delete as applicable.