× Search rightsnet
Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Access to justice and advice sector issues  →  Thread

New: Reports and briefings area of rightsnet

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3773

Hi -

Just to let you know that we’ve launched a new area of rightsnet to help shine a light on all of the great policy and campaigning work going on out there ... by bringing together and alerting you to the latest access to justice publications, reports, briefings and research from across the NFP sector ...

We’ve pre-populated the new area with some key publications from the last 2 or 3 months, but do let us know if you’ve come across something that we should add.

Hope it’s helpful ...

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/reports-and-briefings

Cheers - Shawn

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3196

Nice one Shawn. We’ve just published 3 reports which might be of interest.

Poverty in later life, May 2021

Ethnicity and financial disadvantage in later life

Benefit take-up and older people

You can find them all here under the Money Matters

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Perfect ... cheers Paul ... we’ll take a look ...

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3117

Good to see Shelter’s new housing emergency report on there Shawn - you’ve even got our new branding down.

https://england.shelter.org.uk/media/press_release/17_5million_people_now_impacted_by_the_housing_emergency_

(I’ve spent more time than I would care to admit this week trying to sort my new email signature out…)

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Thanks again Paul ... now added 😁

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Elliot Kent - 27 May 2021 06:36 PM

Good to see Shelter’s new housing emergency report on there Shawn - you’ve even got our new branding down.

https://england.shelter.org.uk/media/press_release/17_5million_people_now_impacted_by_the_housing_emergency_

(I’ve spent more time than I would care to admit this week trying to sort my new email signature out…)

Yay .... you just need to get your training courses added to https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/training-and-events now 😂

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3117

No argument from me but it is beyond my powers I’m afraid!

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

This is an excellent addition.

Ianb
forum member

Macmillan benefits team, Citizens Advice Bristol

Send message

Total Posts: 958

Mike Hughes - 28 May 2021 12:59 PM

This is an excellent addition.

..but makes me a bit overwhelmed by how much I think I ought to read!

Mike Hughes
forum member

Send message

When I feel like that I use text to speech software and it talks at me until I nod off. I am of course absorbing it all as I sleep.

Mr Jim
forum member

Asylum & Roma Team, Social Work Services, Glasgow City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 134

Link to CPAG report doesn’t work.

Jim

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Cheers Jim .... that’s now fixed ..

Mike Hughes
forum member

Send message

I’d welcome the thoughts of others on this but… would it be possible to move the Discussions link back to where it was i.e. so it’s next to News & case law? It feels counter intuitive to me that Discussions is third in the list of links all of a sudden.

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Send message

Mike Hughes - 04 June 2021 04:14 PM

I’d welcome the thoughts of others on this but… would it be possible to move the Discussions link back to where it was i.e. so it’s next to News & case law? It feels counter intuitive to me that Discussions is third in the list of links all of a sudden.

Seconded, I keep clicking on the wrong button and glad to hear I’m not the only Pavlov’s dog here…..

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK - 04 June 2021 04:30 PM
Mike Hughes - 04 June 2021 04:14 PM

Seconded, I keep clicking on the wrong button and glad to hear I’m not the only Pavlov’s dog here…..

Hi both ... thanks for this .... do you mean in the navigation bar at the top of the site?

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Send message

Yes Shawn

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Hi there .. just picking up on the navigation bar question …

I guess our rationale for slotting the new ‘Reports’ area in between news and discussion is that we wanted to mirror its position on the home page where we hope it complements the news headlines in also alerting you to the publication of new stuff. While we did play around with it in various positions, we felt that this worked the best, albeit with the knock-on effect of shifting discussion one along. Hopefully, however, it’s feeling more familiar in that position with every day that passes.

Cheers .. Shawn

Mike Hughes
forum member

Send message

To be honest, whilst you can get used to anything, I do think the current location is a pain…

As a daily visitor I check News first; Discussion second (unless prompted by an email notification to check first)  and then either Resources as and when. Reports would now be my third check.

Obviously going straight to Discussion from an email notification renders the menu location irrelevant but for when you’re browsing it remains, for me, disconcertingly in the wrong place.