to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

PIP payment pending SoR/leave to appeal request

CHC
forum member

Welfare rights team - St Mungo's Broadway

Send message

Total Posts: 170

Client had a PIP FT tribunal hearing last week, was awarded daily living component but not the mobility component. Client is requesting a statement of reasons to look for potential grounds for leave to appeal to UT. 

Will DWP still process the Tribunal decision on the award of the daily living component or are they likely to hold off pending receipt of SoR and then any request my client makes for leave to appeal. to UT?

Dan Manville
forum member

Greater Manchester Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 466

CHC - 10 May 2021 02:46 PM

Client had a PIP FT tribunal hearing last week, was awarded daily living component but not the mobility component. Client is requesting a statement of reasons to look for potential grounds for leave to appeal to UT. 

Will DWP still process the Tribunal decision on the award of the daily living component or are they likely to hold off pending receipt of SoR and then any request my client makes for leave to appeal. to UT?

They are entitled to suspend any payment while the appeal to the UT progresses, but in practice they don’t.

My mistrust of DWP means that where an award has been made, but I’m planning on appealing, I’ll leave requesting the SOR until the end of the month to try and make sure the award goes into payment.