to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Late applications to EUSS /entitlemt to benefits

Rehousing Advice.
forum member

Homeless Unit - Southampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 637

Can anyone tell me what is the position of those EU nationals currently on benefit who fail to make application for EUSS before then end of the grace period?

Will the DWP after July1st be requesting proof of settled status or pre settled?

Will benefits immediately cease if the claimant says they haven’t or didn’t realise they had to apply?

Will the DWP allow benefits to continue,  if the applicant then advises they were unaware, of the need to apply but says a late application is to now be speedily submitted? (In most cases it will be obvious to DWP a genuine mistake has been made as they have proof of residence on file?)

Anywhere you can point me to?

Thanks

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3211

I’m not entirely sure anyone knows but if they do, I’d really like to know more about this as well.

FYI, the EU Settlement Scheme: EU, other EEA and Swiss citizens and their family members casewprker guidance  has been updated for how HO will deal with late applications from p.27, not sure if you’ve seen this?

S2uABZ
forum member

Money adviser - Aberdeen City Council Financial Inclusion Team

Send message

Total Posts: 130

Good article on FreeMovement regarding late applications - https://www.freemovement.org.uk/eu-settlement-scheme-late-applications-euss/