Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

conference calls

Dan Manville
forum member

Greater Manchester Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 458

Hi all

It would appear that EE have stopped their three way calling service.

Can anyone suggest a provider that can still provide a conference call facility?

CHAC Adviser
forum member

Caseworker - CHAC, Middlesbrough

Send message

Total Posts: 259

It still exists on Three as far as I’m aware. I’ve not actually used it recently though!

Pete at CAB
forum member

Welfare Benefits Adviser’ for Citizens Advice Cornwall

Send message

Total Posts: 380

We use a Zoiper internet phone, its not affected by poor mobile reception as it works over the internet and it can do conference calls as well, other than the download the only thing you need is a headset which are about £25-£30 from CurrysPC world. I’m afraid I don’t know the cost per call-minute or how much the basic package costs but it seems to work well

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

I’m not convinced by the “not affected by poor mobile reception” element of that. We use Cisco Jabber and it’s very much impacted by whether the client has a mobile connected to their home w-fi. Results with clients on 4G vary hugely. Asking the client to turn on wi-fi and connect has made a significant difference when there is a network to connect to.

Pete at CAB
forum member

Welfare Benefits Adviser’ for Citizens Advice Cornwall

Send message

Total Posts: 380

Mike Hughes - 17 February 2021 11:41 AM

I’m not convinced by the “not affected by poor mobile reception” element of that. We use Cisco Jabber and it’s very much impacted by whether the client has a mobile connected to their home w-fi. Results with clients on 4G vary hugely. Asking the client to turn on wi-fi and connect has made a significant difference when there is a network to connect to.

Sorry, I didn’t mean at the cl’s end. I ,like many people in the area , have next to no mobile reception at home and this gets round that