to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

Changes to UC claims process

Pete at CAB
forum member

Welfare Benefits Adviser’ for Citizens Advice Cornwall

Send message

Total Posts: 380

There have been a number of changes to the online UC claim recently. Does anyone know of a Youtube or PDF with the new questions that could be used by advisers talking someone through a claim or be sent to a claimant?

WillH
forum member

Locum adviser - CPAG in Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 365

I think we’d all like to know! As far as I can see, the videos on the government’s ‘Understanding UC’ pages are still the really out of date 2017 ones?

Carolyn McA
forum member

Adviser, Citizens Advice and Rights Fife

Send message

Total Posts: 53

We’ve been chasing an updated version of the account overview slide pack from DWP via our Help to Claim network engagement officer for a while now without success so the current one remains release 138.19 from 24/1/20. However as this is much more up to date than the Understanding UC videos, you might find it helpful. For CAS members, it’s available via the HTC bureau resource page on their website and can be accessed by anyone who has the staff sign in details (i.e. it’s not restricted to HTC advisers as far as I know); I imagine CAB in England & Wales has a similar arrangement?

Paul Stockton
forum member

Epping Forest CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 291

For England the overview is on Cablink>the service>delivering help to claim>resources

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

I’ll email via stakeholders to see if anything…

LJF
forum member

Benefits caseworker - Manchester Citizens Advice Bureau

Send message

Total Posts: 143

Hi was their any update on this from stakeholders? Still the same old document on cab link resources. Thanks

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

No! And in fact I’ve just emailed them again today - will let you know if anything…

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

This was my reply via stakeholders - not what you’d call super helpful…

The Department has regular contact with Citizen’s Advice and Citizen’s Advice Scotland regarding the delivery of Help to Claim.

Universal Credit is a digital service that is subject to regular enhancements to improve the claimant experience and the online application is interactive and dynamic so is different for every claimant depending on their circumstances