Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Residence issues  →  Thread

Evidence required by UC to demonstrate that an extension to LTR has been applied for?

bristol_1
forum member

WRAMAS Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 241

Has anyone worked with a UC claimant who’s made an application for their leave to remain to be extended, and is waiting for a decision? I’m aware of the ADM which says they can still be treated as having leave until a decision is made on his application (C1379). Client’s sent me a HO online confirmation of the application submitted with a UKVI reference number but this doesn’t specify what application’s been made; will he need a letter from his solicitor as well as evidence for UC? I don’t know much about immigration work and wondering if this is likely to be at extra cost?

The UC HRT decision for client and his wife is marked as for review on the date the current leave expires. I don’t want him to risk UC ending as he’s no other income and this might also cause problems with his HB for temp accommdation.

Thanks in advance.

Diablo
forum member

Citizens Advice Reading

Send message

Total Posts: 13

So long as your client submitted his/her application prior to the expiry of their current leave, then they are covered by 3C of the Immigration Rules - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/3c-and-3d-leave.  Thus, if your client’s current leave permitted “recourse to public funds” then they will continue to have “recourse to public funds” until a decision is made on their new application, when any new “conditions” (if any) apply.

You can find out what application was submitted by looking at the “Application Submitted” email or the “Payment Confirmation” email.  Not that this is relevant.  Hope this helps.

bristol_1
forum member

WRAMAS Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 241

Thank you :-)