Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

Appeal Bundle Evidence

Bcfu
forum member

Blackpool Centre For Unemployed

Send message

Total Posts: 204

Hi,

I noticed some differences in the appeal bundles I’m receiving and wondered if its now normal:

When I send in additional evidence i.e. after either appeal bundle’s been sent or DWP finished their submission, I am no longer receiving page numbers on them and just the appeal ref no. on the bottom upside down.

Is this standard practice now (we used to have each one numbered, albeit sometimes by hand)?

Thanks

Adam

Paul Stockton
forum member

Epping Forest CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 291

I’ve noticed this too, but only in relation to PIP appeals. I’ve just had my submission and evidence in a UC appeal copied back to me with the page numbers added. My guess is that it’s a product of the new, more automated, process for PIP appeals. Submissions for PIP now have to go in hard copy via a Harlow PO Box unless you happen to know which support centre is dealing with the appeal, and it seems it’s not part of the process to add, or to be able to add, the page numbers. Must be frustrating for the tribunal judges and members in cases with a lot of paperwork.

bristol_1
forum member

WRAMAS Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 241

I’ve noticed the same for PIP appeals. Tricky when the panel’s pages seem to be paginated differently from the other parties. My additional evidence is all labelled ‘Addition A page 1’ etc which made it diffcult in a recent phone hearing when the judge was looking at page 267 or whatever and in my papers it was Addition G page 3 or somesuch!

Bcfu
forum member

Blackpool Centre For Unemployed

Send message

Total Posts: 204

We don’t even get that! No page numbers at all unfortunately

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

Pagination of the respondent’s response to the appeal should be undertaken by the respondent before issuing it to HMCTS & appellant. HMCTS should them paginate any additional evidence subsequently submitted in sequence (but frequently don’t - just one of the ever increasing admin. issues with HMCTS).

DWP / HMRC / and some LA appeal writers use standard templates for responses within which they can insert / change various details including pagination, attachments etc. as well as insert free text. It may be the pagination Bristol_1 refers to is due to a failure of PIP appeal writers to enter the correct information in pagination / attachment options provided by the appeal template (maybe the options in templates have recently been altered and they are missing them?). Over the years (originally typed ‘tears’) have seen many entertaining bits of gobbledygook in a response where the appeal writer has failed to select the correct or any option , select an inappropriate standard paragraph etc.