to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

Is this a record?

Paul Stockton
forum member

Epping Forest CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 291

Amidst all the concern over delay in assessments, mandatory reconsiderations, and appeal hearings here’s something different.

On 9 December I lodged a PIP appeal online, on behalf of a client. On 15 December the DWP phoned the client, who was busy that day, but they spoke the next day. It was the appeals officer, who told the client she was revising the decision.

I don’t know who was more surprised: the client at the outcome or me at the speed.

Mairi
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Dunedin Canmore Housing Association

Send message

Total Posts: 274

I had a PIP MR dealt with almost as quickly earlier this year - within 2 or 3 weeks.  A very helpful DWP officer who phoned me when he couldn’t get hold of the claimant.  It was a case where a claimant with SRMob was looking for a daily living award due to increased health issues.  Pre-existing award was lost so MR submitted.  During our conversation the officer said he was minded to award ERMob but wasn’t sure about a DL award.  When the claimant got the decision notice they were award both ERMob and SRDL.

Dan Manville
forum member

Greater Manchester Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 466

I had one dealt with within a few days. Appeal submitted and evidence sent in with the appeal. Call within a week from a DM awarding everything we’d asked for.