Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

Your hearing will now take place by video call.

JP 007
forum member

Welfare rights - Dundee City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 97

We have just been notified that Tribunals will be using Cloud Video Platform (CVP) in the near future in Scotland. While this does not come as much of a shock it raises lots of questions. Is this a nationwide move or are we a pilot area?

File Attachments

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3128

I did a half day CVP hearing the other week in a different jurisdiction. It worked very well and was pretty much painless. The call quality was fine and there is a ‘lobby’ feature which enables you to call your client or the other side before the hearing starts or during breaks. The one thing with it is that it is CRM based and my case management system is as well, so this created a few issues when I logged out of CVP and tried to log back into CRM.

S2uABZ
forum member

Money adviser - Aberdeen City Council Financial Inclusion Team

Send message

Total Posts: 130

Video hearings are already taking place in Scotland. We have had a mixture of Telephone and Video appeal hearings over the last month. Feedback from clients appear positive but this may be because the success rate is quite high :)

A Stavert
forum member

Welfare benefits officer - Scottish Borders Council, Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 44

I tried to attend a TUG that was being held on CVP.  I managed to log in, but couldn’t hear anything and the picture kept freezing.  I thought that this may have been due to the obsolete browsers my employer provides us with but I couldn’t log in from my own PC either.