Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

Culture of Contempt?

‹ First  < 2 3 4

Stainsby
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Plumstead Community Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 613

I made a Freedom of Information request asking what action had been taken against the individual who made the defamatory statement and I have attached the response

File Attachments

Mairi
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Dunedin Canmore Housing Association

Send message

Total Posts: 271

That’s a bit wishy washy then isn’t it?  A cynical person would think that no action (or very limited action) had been taken.

Stainsby
forum member

Send message

I have asked for an internal review and will take it up with the Information Commissioner if I get another negative response because evidence of the canteen culture is mounting as can be seen here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51620990

Stainsby
forum member

Send message

Just an update .  I have received no response to my application for an internal review and see no reason to wait any longer so I have made a complaint to the Information Commissioner

Stuart
Administrator

rightsnet editor

Send message

Total Posts: 890

Stainsby - 26 March 2020 05:18 PM

Just an update .  I have received no response to my application for an internal review and see no reason to wait any longer so I have made a complaint to the Information Commissioner

The Information Commissioner’s Office has upheld the DWP’s refusal to provide information about what disciplinary action was taken - deciding that although there is a legitimate interest in disclosing the information it is overridden by the DWP staff member’s rights to privacy

The ICO decision is available from its website and for a summary see rightsnet news.

Stainsby
forum member

Send message

I am minded to take this to Tribunal

Stainsby
forum member

Send message

Update I have just sent a notice of appeal and supporting documents to the First-tier Tribunal (General Regulatory Chamber)

Stainsby
forum member

Send message

The appeal is now listed as EA/2020/0343: Derek Stainsby vs Information Commissioner

It may be heard some time after the beginning of April 2021 probably by video conference.

Please message me if you have any cases which may be examples of the “canteen culture”  or if you would consider being a witness at the hearing, or contributing to the case in any way

[ Edited: 5 Jan 2021 at 11:13 am by Stainsby ]
Stainsby
forum member

Send message

I have just withdrawn my FOI appeal because the information is now in the public domain following the publication of Employment Tribunal Decision Case No. 2411174/19 Mr A Weeks v Department for Work and Pensions

Interesting reading that maybe raises some more political questions

[ Edited: 27 Feb 2021 at 01:41 pm by Stainsby ]

File Attachments