to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

Current IS10?

CHAC Adviser
forum member

Caseworker - CHAC, Middlesbrough

Send message

Total Posts: 260

I’m needing to sort out SDP for a client and rather than faffing with holding to the DWP for hours on end and then trying to get my client on the phone via a three-way call I was hoping to just send them a copy of the relevant form with a covering letter.

Does anyone know if the version that below FOI produced is still current?

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/printable_version_of_is10_form

Ianb
forum member

Macmillan benefits team, Citizens Advice Bristol

Send message

Total Posts: 958

CHAC Adviser - 24 August 2020 12:46 PM

I’m needing to sort out SDP for a client and rather than faffing with holding to the DWP for hours on end and then trying to get my client on the phone via a three-way call I was hoping to just send them a copy of the relevant form with a covering letter.

Wouldn’t have thought the exact version of the form should matter as long as the necessary information is supplied.

CHAC Adviser
forum member

Send message

Ianb - 24 August 2020 06:25 PM
CHAC Adviser - 24 August 2020 12:46 PM

Wouldn’t have thought the exact version of the form should matter as long as the necessary information is supplied.

No I suspect not just want to try and use the “right” form if possible. If no-one knows different I’ll just use that one. As far as I can see it still provides all the necessary info.

MAU Beatrice
forum member

Hertfordshire Money Advice Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 2

The form is not current. The present one being used is IS10 01/18.

The difference is that that it asks “Does anyone get Carer’s Allowance or Universal Credit Carer’s element for looking after you”? and ” Has anyone claimed Carer’s Allowance or claimed the Carer’s Element of Universal Credit for looking after you, but has not yet been paid ”
I recently sent in the older style form unaware of the above update and it was rejected but I did not know until I phoned DWP and queried why SDP had not been paid.

I have tried to find the new form on-line but without success. However, I would like to think if the above was added to the form it would be accepted

CHAC Adviser
forum member

Send message

In the end I just FOI’d the DWP and they have now replied so please find attached the current version of the IS10 for anyone else who needs it.

File Attachments

• IS10.pdf (File Size: 102KB - Downloads: 3001)
AnnieG22
forum member

Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council

Send message

Total Posts: 5

Just interested to know did submitting this form work? We have been told that paper claims will not be accepted by the ESA helpline and I have a gentleman who cannot use the phone and due to lockdown cannot access help to call either.

CHAC Adviser
forum member

Send message

The claim definitely seems to have been registered on their system (but is being delayed for reasons not related to the IS10 being on paper). So I’d suggest having a go with it but make sure you get it sent tracked in my view!