to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

DLA change of circs for adult, risk of losing mobility

JAS1
forum member

Advice Worker, Gaddum Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 367

81 year old client on DLA LR care HR Mob. Has been sent a form as care needs got a lot worse so reported change.

On the form would it be advisable to not complete the mobility bit and just state that we are not asking for that component to be reviewed? Client worried about risking mobility component when claim is looked at again.

Mobility has actually got worse so would be surprised if they touched it but is the safest option to just not complete those questions and just give a short statement saying we are asking for care only to be looked at?

Not done DLA for an adult in ages

Cheers

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

I haven’t done one for a long time either but that was always the tactic I took - say that we are not asking for mobility to be looked and just to review care. I think at age 81 it would be pretty unlucky for them to lose mobility and they can’t supersede without evidence of a change of circumstances relevant to the mobility component.

JAS1
forum member

Advice Worker, Gaddum Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 367

Great, thanks Daphne

Daphne - 02 September 2020 11:10 AM

they can’t supersede without evidence of a change of circumstances relevant to the mobility component.

A tangent but does this principle apply to DLA only? Or is this the case with PIP? Usually with PIP I’ve always completed all sections of both components on the forms

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

I think if DWP have sent a review form then you have to complete both sections, but if the claimant has initated the review by reporting a change in circumstances then I think it would be OK to only give info about the changes you’re reporting - but I don’t do PIP claims any more so welcome anyone’s views if that’s not the case

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

For reviews and supersessions alike, I normally write ‘No relevant change’ as appropriate, including a specification of what that means, if needed - for example where DWP made a short award expecting improvement it might be prudent to specify if the condition isn’t expected to improve in the foreseeable future.