Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

Gov.uk online appeal submission broken?

< 1 2

MM1239
forum member

Advisory Team, Money Matters, Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 15

I get e-mail notifications of appeals with a link that says I can thereby track them. I can’t because you need an account for the case in question and I set one up for an early notification, so can do no more.  I am now viewing tht as the ur-case and all subsequent as mere followers-on.

Tracey D
forum member

Welfare benefits advisor - Peterborough City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 127

So, after a frustrating Friday afternoon of no appeal lodging, took a deep breath and went in to do the appeals today, only to get this message:

Sorry, we’re experiencing technical difficulties
Please try again in a few minutes.

Argh!!!!

Tracey D
forum member

Send message

Chrissum - 31 July 2020 03:34 PM

They are looking into it and I have got an incident number, which may come in handy later!

Not sure how you have got on Chrissum, but I am still getting the same problem this morning. I’ve been lodging appeals online this way for months and never had a problem before

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

Your local tribunal’s centre may allow appeals by email, at least until you can get this resolved?

Chrissum
forum member

WRAMAS, Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 240

Tracey D @ Pboro CC - 03 August 2020 10:47 AM
Chrissum - 31 July 2020 03:34 PM

They are looking into it and I have got an incident number, which may come in handy later!

Not sure how you have got on Chrissum, but I am still getting the same problem this morning. I’ve been lodging appeals online this way for months and never had a problem before

No reply yet Tracey. Haven’t attempted to lodge anything this morning, but will be trying later (fingers crossed).
I guess it is back to old fashioned form completion and e-mailing it across in the meantime.

Tracey D
forum member

Send message

I’ve been on the phone to HMCTS this afternoon and they tell me they have been inundated by calls from people today and Friday unable to lodge online appeals. It is a known fault but as of yet, there is no ETA for when it will be fixed ...

They suggested to keep trying each day this week as still likely to be quicker to wait for the fix than getting client to post us the MRN and a signed paper SSCS1 and getting them posted to HMCTS

C Browne
forum member

Macmillan Cancer Support

Send message

Total Posts: 65

Hi Tracey,

I had been having similar problems but have just been able to successfully lodge an appeal (and received my appeal representative email subsequently). Hopefully, the fault is repaired. Not sure for how long though.

Best regards

Chris

Tracey D
forum member

Send message

Thanks all, I’ve finally been able to lodge one of my appeals this morning and got my auto email response from HMCTS as well, so fingers crossed we are all now able to catch up with appeals from Friday onwards :)

Chrissum
forum member

WRAMAS, Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 240

Yup. all seems to working fine now. Never got my call back though.