Online PIP2

1 2 > 

Dan Manville
forum member

Greater Manchester Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 458

Dear Powers That Be

A lot of us provide form completion services for people. During these isolated times the online UC50 is a godsend for helping people to advise you without contracting any of the lurgies our clients might be carrying.

If we could get a PIP2 as well it would make life a lot easier.

I appreciate that it doesn’t sit well with the batch processing, QR code driven way you manage these things, but I bet; if you allow online claims, you could create the QR code virtually.

Please… We might be locked in for a while.

Thanks

Dan

S2uABZ
forum member

Money adviser - Aberdeen City Council Financial Inclusion Team

Send message

Total Posts: 130

To clarify, Is this the UC50 - https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/671814/uc50-interactive-final-0917.pdf

I assume it is completed online, downloaded and attached to journal?

cheers

AdviceShop
forum member

Advice shop - West Lothian Council

Send message

Total Posts: 85

I’ve just finished creating this document which mimics the PIP2 form from Q2 through to Q15. We’re now using this document to complete PIP2 forms over the phone and then either a) send to the client to who can then transcribe it onto their form or b) print off and include each page where appropriate. It also now allows us to keep a copy of the PIP2 form on file for when we come to MR stage as we don’t usually photocopy/scan the forms.

Feel free to use/circulate as you see fit. I’ll have a PIP review form done by the end of the day.

File Attachments

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

That’s really useful AdviceShop - thanks :)

Chrissum
forum member

WRAMAS, Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 240

Second that! You’ve just saved me at least a day’s work, though mine would not be so comprehensive as yours
Is there any chance we can set up a resource area so docs such as this can be shared and accessed?

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

See other thread re: the online Nexus Lexus one.

clive
forum member

Newcastle Council Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 122

Hello Advice Shop!

Do you have that PIP review form ?

Thanks

Clive

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 869

AdviceShop - 23 March 2020 01:31 PM

I’ve just finished creating this document which mimics the PIP2 form from Q2 through to Q15. We’re now using this document to complete PIP2 forms over the phone and then either a) send to the client to who can then transcribe it onto their form or b) print off and include each page where appropriate. It also now allows us to keep a copy of the PIP2 form on file for when we come to MR stage as we don’t usually photocopy/scan the forms.

Feel free to use/circulate as you see fit. I’ll have a PIP review form done by the end of the day.

used this yesterday. cheers.

Eastbourne
forum member

Citizens Advice/Eastbourne

Send message

Total Posts: 15

Has anyone here had clients with this link:

https://www.apply-for-pip.dwp.gov.uk/form-and-help-information

Perhaps certain claimants are given this as a trial?

Rosie W
forum member

Welfare rights service - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 470

Eastbourne - 08 July 2020 11:50 AM

Interesting that I specifically asked for this when I recently claimed PIP and was just sent a paper form.

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 869

Rosie W - 08 July 2020 12:13 PM

Interesting that I specifically asked for this when I recently claimed PIP and was just sent a paper form.

its a pilot.  i think claimants need to be randomly selected for the trial and cant request it.

Susannah Fayers
forum member

Generalist adviser - Camden CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 32

Hadn’t seen this per se but did get hold of PIP 2 Word based form emailed to us from other advisers.
Meaning that when working remotely could complete ourselves rather than client having to scribe plus didn’t have to wait for client to receive and then send on to us with weeks of delay and uncertainty (We are hospital based delays in reaching post as not on site.)

Rosie W
forum member

Send message

stevenmcavoy - 08 July 2020 05:49 PM
Rosie W - 08 July 2020 12:13 PM

its a pilot.  i think claimants need to be randomly selected for the trial and cant request it.

That makes sense. It would be much better for us as a service to get something that care managers can complete on screen. They’re already used to doing that with ESA50s and UC50s.

Brian Fletcher
forum member

Welfare Rights, Wigan & Leigh Carers Centre, Wigan

Send message

Total Posts: 101

https://digitalpip.lexisnexisrolfoundation.org/

We’ve been using this for a couple of months. I thought it was common knowledge, I do apologise as it seems people are not aware of it

[ Edited: 9 Jul 2020 at 01:15 pm by Brian Fletcher ]
Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

a bit more info I put on another thread here - https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/16090/#77503

Rosie W
forum member

Send message

Daphne - 09 July 2020 03:31 PM

a bit more info I put on another thread here - https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/16090/#77503

Thanks Daphne, missed that.

JoW
forum member

Financial inclusion manager - Wythenshawe Community Housing

Send message

Total Posts: 343

We sent in the word version that someone created.  The adviser had completed it over the phone and then posted it to the claimant who signed it and attached it with the signed PIP 2 form.  It was rejected and the tenant told they needed to complete their version of the PIP2 form.  The claimant is still waiting to receive this.  This is obviously delaying their claim.

I have been told they can’t accept as not prefilled with claimants details, or date stamped and doesn’t have the bar code. These seem to be DWP problems to resolve rather than the claimants. As original poster says given current circumstances and massive reduction in PIP claims DWP should be going out of their way to make claiming easier surely not putting up barriers?

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

You say they enclosed the signed PIP2, but also that ‘the claimant is till waiting to receive this’, which one is it?

I think the accepted process has been to attach any alternative versions of the form along with the signed original PIP2 from DWP.
I assume it’s just an admin hurdle for DWP to process claims without the PIP2. although it has always been their process to refuse claims other than the normal route of PIP1, then PIP2, as directed.

JoW
forum member

Financial inclusion manager - Wythenshawe Community Housing

Send message

Total Posts: 343

They sent the signed PIP2 form with the additional completed word version of PIP2.  This was not accepted and DWP said they would send a new PIP2 form out - this is what they are waiting for.

Va1der
forum member

Send message

In that case I don’t see how they can justify no accepting it.
They encourage enclosing supporting evidence with the form - I don’t see how an alternative format form could not be accepted under such a heading - a statement from the claimant as to why they should be entitled, specifically addressing the questions.
You could cut and Pritt-stick typed answers into the boxes of the PIP2 and it wouldn’t make any material difference to the completion of the form.

That being said, the claim should be backdated to the date of the PIP1 in any event, and unless DWP refuses to do so, I don’t see any other avenue than submitting a complaint, and that doesn’t really get you any further either.

The only positive outcome I can see is getting clarification from DWP on under what terms the form can be accepted (maybe from a FOI, unless this is already available?) and then quoting that guidance when completing alternative format forms in the future.

Ianb
forum member

Macmillan benefits team, Citizens Advice Bristol

Send message

Total Posts: 958

I have been writing see attached in all the text boxes for some years and then attaching typed notes (without seeking to mimic the layout of there form). Never had a problem and can’t see that it is any different.

nickgosh
forum member

GOSH CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 13

Does this help? - It came with a Mother of a DLA to PIP child yesterday.

I understand that the DWP are trailing electronic applications via this form and an upload link - which worked very well.

Best wishes

Nick

File Attachments

Money Matters Adviser
forum member

Universal Credit team County Durham Houisng Group

Send message

Total Posts: 2

Dan Manville - 20 March 2020 04:52 PM

Dear Powers That Be

A lot of us provide form completion services for people. During these isolated times the online UC50 is a godsend for helping people to advise you without contracting any of the lurgies our clients might be carrying.

If we could get a PIP2 as well it would make life a lot easier.

I appreciate that it doesn’t sit well with the batch processing, QR code driven way you manage these things, but I bet; if you allow online claims, you could create the QR code virtually.

Please… We might be locked in for a while.

Thanks

Dan

Hi, I have just seen this thread as I was going to ask the same question.
A digital PIP form would be extremely beneficial to all of us adviser working from home, I work for a housing association and we are still not permitted to carry out home visits.

Although there a few links below advising on the PIP for a digital version would be so much better, as most of our clients have no access to emails/printer to be enable us to send the completed form to them, and ask them to print it out.
Also the previous posts sharing the links are several years old, might there may be an updated version now?.

Many thanks

Denise

Va1der
forum member

Send message

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the online PIP method is still in a trial phase with DWP - as far as I know you can only access it via invite from DWP (i.e. I don’t think you can even request it under any special consideration/vulnerable client etc.) Might be wrong about the latter.

I haven’t seen any material updates to the PIP2 form, the 2018 version linked should serve your purposes.

If we really want a version of the PIP2 form that we can fill digitally and print+post to DWP, without needing the physical original PIP2 from DWP,, we’d need someone a bit more tech savvy than me to make a template that can mimic the barcode (either via a picture from the client, or from the code on the form, if we had the algorithm to translate it to barcode). That to me seems like the only worthwhile alternative format.

Dan Manville
forum member

Send message

Don’t spose anyone’s done adigital AR1 yet?

#pushingmyluck

SteveMcC
forum member

Welfare Rights Team Derwentside Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 6

Hi Dan

Word version of AR1 attached.  I can’t recall where I got it from so can’t give credit where it is due! Apologies to teh person that did!

Steve

File Attachments

Dan Manville
forum member

Send message

Superb

Thank you.

Dan Manville
forum member

Send message

I’ve just been told that the online PIP2 will be business as usual before long 😊 Don’t know a date yet but the trial went well

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

Bring it on.

Sally63
forum member

Generalist Adviser, Southwark Citizens Advice Bureau

Send message

Total Posts: 177

There’s a downloadable PIP2 here dated June 2018.

file:///C:/Users/Admin/Desktop/how-your-disability-affects-you-form-v1%20(2).pdf

Is this one OK to use?

As everyone says, in these days of CV,  using paper forms with clients giving advice over the phone is a bit aaaargh

both this and the UC50 have to be signed. Do they ever overlook this?

Geri-G
forum member

Welfare reform team - North Ayrshire Council

Send message

Total Posts: 91

Does anyone have a DLA form for children online version that I can complete? I found the version on DWP website, but only allows you to print and scan in (which is difficult and cumbersome when WFH)