to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

SDP compensation

MaggieB
forum member

Dorchester CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 271

Put in a request for SDP compensation with UC last August. Client chased up recently on journal (service centre)  and had lovely reply from Ballymena saying that it was a different department and they had no further information!
Anyone know of timescales for these payments or if not how to chase it up

Jac
forum member

Welfare benefits adviser - Melville Housing Association, Midlothian

Send message

Total Posts: 146

I had a case that was flagged up immediately the rules changed - managed to track case to Glasgow last week. Staff not currently working on them but he checked and my case was on their list to do. No known timescale.

MaggieB
forum member

Dorchester CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 271

Hi Jac,
Did you actually speak to someone in Glasgow? if so how?

Jac
forum member

Welfare benefits adviser - Melville Housing Association, Midlothian

Send message

Total Posts: 146

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/15641/

I used the helpline number per this thread.

Sara Bowen
forum member

Rhondda Taff Citizens Advice Bureau

Send message

Total Posts: 6

Hia

I lodged a complaint with our local dispute team as I had been dealing with them since October to no avail. The tenant has had it backdate although despite being entitled to couple rate SDP they have been told they can only get £405 per month as this is what UC have decided is the transitional amount

Thanks

Sara

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3128

Sara Bowen - 28 May 2020 03:54 PM

Hia

I lodged a complaint with our local dispute team as I had been dealing with them since October to no avail. The tenant has had it backdate although despite being entitled to couple rate SDP they have been told they can only get £405 per month as this is what UC have decided is the transitional amount

Thanks

Sara

That’s correct though isn’t it? The rates are fixed at £120 or £285 if you’ve lost one SDP and £405 if you’ve lost double SDP.

If your clients actual loss is greater than this, then they will have to speak to Leigh Day about the group claim against the DWP.
https://www.leighday.co.uk/Employment-discrimination/Current-cases/Universal-Credit-group-action