Submissions for MRs - where unable to print and post

Glenys
forum member

Housing Systems, Leeds

Send message

Total Posts: 206

Been asked what to do where someone needs to submit documents for an MR but
No access to printer
DWP refusing to allow documents to be uploaded (as not the type of document they will accept)
Submission won’t fit on journal entry

Any ideas?

Thanks

Suzie Welfare Rights
forum member

Welfare Rights Team - Potter Rees Dolan Sols

Send message

Total Posts: 13

Hi, have you tried .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) or .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

You could add a covering email in relation to latest government guidance advising essential trips only in order that in these exceptional circs, electronic delivery via email be accepted?

Paul Stockton
forum member

Epping Forest CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 291

mycatismo - 07 May 2020 11:09 AM

Been asked what to do where someone needs to submit documents for an MR but
No access to printer
DWP refusing to allow documents to be uploaded (as not the type of document they will accept)
Submission won’t fit on journal entry

Any ideas?

Thanks

Is the problem that DWP will accept uploads in principle but the document is in a file type that DWP won’t allow to be uploaded? If so, the answer may be to convert it to a file type they will accept. I have this problem with the CA in-house case recording system. I use a free word processing package (.ODT) which the system won’t accept. The solution for me is to upload the document onto Google Drive, open it with Google Docs, download it as a PDF, and then upload the PDF. Tiresome, but it works.

Glenys
forum member

Housing Systems, Leeds

Send message

Total Posts: 206

Thanks both for the suggestions - I will pass them on.

I think the uploading files was more that they only accept certain categories of document - but there;s no harm in trying!

Much appreciated