to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Covid-19 issues  →  Thread

obtaining fit notes for conditions other than coronavirus

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

What procedures are being put in place for claimants (and others) who require a fit note for reasons other than coronavirus?

Just discussed with our local practice (same building) which runs six surgeries. They have introduced a convoluted process of on-line consultations (completion by phone for patients without internet access) where person has not yet seen a GP about the condition. ‘Repeat’ fit notes can be issued on request for an existing condition. No process yet to issue them to patients who cannot collect from a surgery.

Euan
forum member

Welfare rights - Social Work Services, Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 5

I’m wondering the same thing and can’t see an obvious answer at the moment.

Euan

Liam C
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Drumchapel Citizens Advice Bureau

Send message

Total Posts: 26

Hi

Did anyone get an answer to this question?

My client just made a claim for UC. She has to shield as she has underlying conditions, the claim form asked her to submit a fit not after 7 days.

In any case, how are claimants to submit a fit note when the jobcentres are closed to the public (which i assume is the case)?

Liam

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

Fit notes can be posted to the JCP - as far as I’m aware it has never been necessary for claimants to submit them in person. I assume there is still someone checking the post.

Rosie W
forum member

Welfare rights service - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 471

This may just be our local JCs - I was told this week that they want people to log the fit note on the UC account only and not post it.

Which is fine except the client in question has been getting support at the JC to log his fitnotes on his account.. Still waiting to hear their solution to that. He can’t ring the helpline either - no credit.