Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Covid-19 issues  →  Thread

Can’t access UC account to make a new claim (problem with PSN) - Jobcentre won’t help until 6.4.20 (trying since 24.03.20)

JPCHC
forum member

Cardinal Hume Centre - Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 186

I’ve had an enquiry from a client who has UC account as she was in receipt of UC until summer 2019.  She has been unable to get into her UC account to make a new claim as she needs a new Personal Security Number.  She has been trying to contact them since 24th March.  She did speak to UC eventually and they advised her she’d need a telephone appointment to reset, and couldn’t make a new claim until the (call arranged for 6.4.20).  They also told her it wouldn’t be backdated.  I think it’ safe to argue date of claim was when she made contact to say she needed help, but does anyone else have advice in these circs? I’d read something on here that the PSN requirement would be turned off but maybe that was just for existing claimants.

I’ve not had a response from the Partnership Manager, but at the moment she’s stuck and still hasn’t been able to put in her new claim…

Thanks in advance

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3132

Isn’t the usual solution in these cases to make a new email address and set up an entirely new UC account?

JPCHC
forum member

Cardinal Hume Centre - Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 186

I’ve suggested this but that comes with its own problems (difficulties with computer literacy and no face to face support).