Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Covid-19 issues  →  Thread

New COVID-19-related rightsnet content (including open access content and another new forum)

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3778

Hi all -

We’ve been thinking of more ways that we can help during the coronavirus outbreak ... as you know we’ve already created a new social welfare law update page and this new casework support forum ...

This afternoon, we’ve now also:

- launched a second new forum The Social that we hope might play a part in helping us all to steer a course through the next few weeks and months ... and provide more of a social, less work-focused space to catch up with like-minded members of the rightsnet/access to justice community; and

- opened up access to our coronavirus-related news stories in order that they might now also be accessed by those of you without a rightsnet subscription .... you’ll see that these stories are now all tagged with ‘Open access’ ...

Hope that’s helpful ..... please, do share with colleagues or others that don’t already have access.

Cheers - Shawn

[ Edited: 22 Apr 2020 at 03:31 pm by shawn mach ]
WillH
forum member

Locum adviser - CPAG in Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 369

Hi Shawn,
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone at Rightsnet for this as I try to catch up on Saturday morning, from home of course!

We will all be using RightsNet more than ever (if that were possible). Thanks for all the support you’re providing in these different/new ways. It really helps.

Ta very much (that just doesn’t cover it, but you know it is meant).

Will

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Aw, thanks Will .... that’s lovely of you to say that ... very much appreciated.

Hope you’re good ....

Cheers - Shawn

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1011

Will’s summed it up brilliantly!

Rightsnet keeps on pushing the boundaries of excellence to ever new levels!

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Cheers Andy .... much appreciated ... hope you didn’t spend too much time on here over the weekend ... gotta recharge those batteries ...

Cheers - Shawn

Terry Craven
forum member

Hope Advice Centre, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 85

As you are aware, I have been a member in different guises since Rightnet’s inception. How long has it been running now. It must be 25 years plus.. When I joined I managed Liverpool City Council’s(LCC) welfare rights department. In this time RN has helped me and Liverpool City Council to obtain a conservative amount of benefit of over £50 million
At LCC we kept accurate data about the amount of benefit we obtained for clients. When I left LCC in 2005 the amount was upwards of £50 million. This will have probably doubled or even trebled in this time.  During this time RN has been more than valuable tool.. The people of Liverpool are in RN’s debt as I am, especially as I have been in the voluntary sector for the last 15 years.
This got me thinking. I wonder how much benefit has been obtained by members of Rightnet’s for their clients? It must run into hundreds of millions of pounds.  Personally, I cannot thank you enough. Well done!

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Think I’ve got something in my eye ..... cheers The CASA ...

MikeMay
forum member

Advice Session Superviser, Citizens Advice North Yorkshire

Send message

Total Posts: 28

The CASA - 24 March 2020 04:15 AM

As you are aware, I have been a member in different guises since Rightnet’s inception. How long has it been running now. It must be 25 years plus.. When I joined I managed Liverpool City Council’s(LCC) welfare rights department. In this time RN has helped me and Liverpool City Council to obtain a conservative amount of benefit of over £50 million
At LCC we kept accurate data about the amount of benefit we obtained for clients. When I left LCC in 2005 the amount was upwards of £50 million. This will have probably doubled or even trebled in this time.  During this time RN has been more than valuable tool.. The people of Liverpool are in RN’s debt as I am, especially as I have been in the voluntary sector for the last 15 years.
This got me thinking. I wonder how much benefit has been obtained by members of Rightnet’s for their clients? It must run into hundreds of millions of pounds.  Personally, I cannot thank you enough. Well done!

Seconded

I’ve been in the sector around 15 years now and RN is an invaluable daily resource. Especially when I was a WB caseworker. I have found so much weapons grade caselaw on here and immense success at ftt as a result. If we have a new volunteer/adviser who shows promise for casework, it’s the second thing I show them after CPAG

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Yay .... cheers Mike

(... can’t believe you show them CPAG first 😂)

MikeMay
forum member

Send message

They need to get used to the lingo first. Only reason, honest lol

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3129

MikeMay - 25 March 2020 02:53 PM

I’ve been in the sector around 15 years now and RN is an invaluable daily resource. Especially when I was a WB caseworker. I have found so much weapons grade caselaw on here and immense success at ftt as a result. If we have a new volunteer/adviser who shows promise for casework, it’s the second thing I show them after CPAG

Ehh - start with Sweet and Maxwell and see if they run away screaming. If not, then you might have a keeper.

MikeMay
forum member

Send message

Elliot Kent - 25 March 2020 03:15 PM
MikeMay - 25 March 2020 02:53 PM

Ehh - start with Sweet and Maxwell and see if they run away screaming. If not, then you might have a keeper.

Ha! We do actually want to retain some

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

Hmm… Think I was a bit of a pest as a volunteer. Actively went looking for information, and eventually found Rightsnet in a dusty corner.

Well rewarded for my persistence though - could not have moved straight from 3 years of depression and unemployment to setting up and running a welfare advice service (mostly) alone, without all the helpful people gathered on this forum.

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Great stuff Va1der ... always worth digging around in those dusty corners!

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Just to let you know that we’ve also been working on adding new COVID-19-related content to our universalcreditinfo tool ..... here we go:

https://universalcreditinfo.net/#coronavirus