to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Housing costs  →  Thread

Students

Mairi
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Dunedin Canmore Housing Association

Send message

Total Posts: 274

I’m fairly sure there have been no announcements about this situation, but thought I’d doublecheck.

Full-time student who would usually have no entitlement to assistance with housing costs so works as well as receiving student funding.  Both work and college are closed due to Coronavirus.  While she thinks that student funding will continue she won’t get paid from work.

Any new provision under UC (or anything else) to cover this situation?

Prisca
forum member

benefits section (training & accuracy) Bristol city council

Send message

Total Posts: 200

depending on how the wirhdrawl from the course is phrased, then the nearest thing that fits her circumstances is being an intercalting student! (Hb rules, not sure about UC)  Again - this is all new territory bur would imaging student finance will stop and the final instalment (due after Easter) wont be paid to students if the unis are closed.

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3546

Students are still doing their courses generally - face to face contact has stopped but they can contact tutors online and assessments are going on - my daughter working on her dissertation as we speak and exams are going to be replaced with something else - similar to GCSEs and A-levels so think (hope!) loans will continue