Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Trusted partner status

gw
forum member

Glasgow West Housing Association

Send message

Total Posts: 285

in light of forthcoming lock down etc.

Is there anyway we can contact UC to allow us to be treated as a trusted partner which allows staff to access journals on our clients behalf.
Most of our client contact will be by telephone for the foreseeable future due to visiting restrictions ands access to office visits.

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3128

Timothy Seaside
forum member

Housing services - Arun District Council

Send message

Total Posts: 539

As far as I know, trusted status just means our APA MPTL requests are always accepted. EDIT: Actually it also means that we are supposed to help tenants and signpost them for budgeting advice etc. where appropriate.

Accessing journals/UC accounts just requires you to have permission from your tenant, and their username, password, and security answers (whether it’s always a good idea to access this without the tenant present is another question).

If you want to talk to the UC service centre about the claim and get information from them then you can get the tenant to put a note on the journal giving them permission to talk to you, but you may still need to be able to answer the security questions when you call them. If you have contacts at the local JCP then they will probably not need so much information (but you’d still need to get the tenant to put permission on the journal).

Linda T
forum member

Money advice & benefits - VIVID, Hampshire

Send message

Total Posts: 5

This might be the moment to push for implicit consent in addition to explicit consent. Some customers can’t remember their security questions, and there is no way to change them, other than to set up a new claim. We will try a 3 way phone conversation but this may not be possible.

gw
forum member

Send message

agree with Linda

We should be pushing for this as soon as possible. That was my initial query only badly written

it is impossible to have client with us and therefore gain implicit consent.

[ Edited: 17 Mar 2020 at 09:00 am by gw ]
Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

Linda T - 17 March 2020 07:35 AM

This might be the moment to push for implicit consent in addition to explicit consent. Some customers can’t remember their security questions, and there is no way to change them, other than to set up a new claim. We will try a 3 way phone conversation but this may not be possible.

I seriously doubt it’s impossible to change the answers. It would be a new level of bonkers coding by DWP (and I’ve learned to manage my expectations).
However, reaching the team that is able to change them might be virtually (and effectively) impossible.

gw
forum member

Send message

Unfortunately there is no change to the requirement for explicit consent.

just received this from DWP

Chrissum
forum member

WRAMAS, Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 240

Steph F - 18 March 2020 01:06 PM

Unfortunately there is no change to the requirement for explicit consent.

I hope the word “yet” can be added at the end of that sentence.