to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

The roll-out that never ends.

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3196

Office for Budget Responsibility has now shifted their forecast about when the roll-out of UC will be completed from ” a June 2024 end-point to September 2026”

See p.105 of the OBR Economic and fiscal outlook – March 2020

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK - 12 March 2020 12:43 PM

Office for Budget Responsibility has now shifted their forecast about when the roll-out of UC will be completed from ” a June 2024 end-point to September 2026”

See p.105 of the OBR Economic and fiscal outlook – March 2020

Anything that rolls must come to a stand at some point. The question is whether it come to a stand (end) gently or catastrophically! Which must also apply to heads?

Mairi
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Dunedin Canmore Housing Association

Send message

Total Posts: 271

I’m sure in the old Rightsnet poll, I went for full roll-out being completed in 2045.  So time yet….

Dan Manville
forum member

Greater Manchester Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 458

A new low? 9 years late… 7 years to migrate everyone from IB to ESA; 4 years late. God knows how long it’ll take them to finish the DLA to PIP conversion which is already 4 years late and they never managed to transfer all the Child Dep additions to Tax Credits.

Par for the course I’d say.

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1955

Y’know, at this rate I may have to stop believing in DWP’s grand claims of sweeping success.

Chart 3.4 on page 105 is a thing of beauty: compare the confident upward sweep of the DWP’s 2013 assumptions with the later, feeble tendrils stretching hopelessly out with no end in sight…..

Stuart
Administrator

rightsnet editor

Send message

Total Posts: 890

Dan Manville - 13 March 2020 10:49 AM

... God knows how long it’ll take them to finish the DLA to PIP conversion which is already 4 years late ....

... the OBR suggests a new date…. from today’s Economic Fiscal Forecast: November 2020 -

Full PIP rollout delay: the rollout of personal independence payment (PIP) has been delayed by a further two years as a consequence of the pandemic. This follows several previous delays and means migration is now expected to be complete by 2025, nine years behind the original schedule.

[ Edited: 25 Nov 2020 at 06:16 pm by shawn mach ]