Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

Has Vivaldi Gone? 

1 2 > 

Alexis
forum member

Mortgage and Debt Team - Cardiff Council Housing Options

Send message

Total Posts: 4

I was on hold for 13 minutes before I realised………..the hold music is not Vivaldi! Now I’m 2nd guessing myself that I’m 20 minutes on hold to a completely different Gov department (I’m still getting the “please search our website gov.uk message so I know it’s at least Governmental!)

Has anyone else contacted them today and discovered the same?

Rosie W
forum member

Welfare rights service - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 470

We were told by a Partnership Manager that Vivaldi was to be replaced with a “variety of appropriate hold music”. That was about 6 months ago so it’s perfectly feasible it’s just now happened. I’m going to have to ring DWP now to check..

Alexis
forum member

Send message

Rosie W - 24 January 2020 01:53 PM

We were told by a Partnership Manager that Vivaldi was to be replaced with a “variety of appropriate hold music”. That was about 6 months ago so it’s perfectly feasible it’s just now happened. I’m going to have to ring DWP now to check..

I couldn’t believe it hadn’t made headline news! After being in this sort of job for the last 11 years it was a SERIOUSLY welcome change. It was rather pleasant and relaxing music to be honest. A bit like lift Muzak

Rosie W
forum member

Send message

Vivaldi is no more.  On the PIP helpline at least.

Rosie W
forum member

Send message

Alexis - 24 January 2020 01:55 PM

I couldn’t believe it hadn’t made headline news! After being in this sort of job for the last 11 years it was a SERIOUSLY welcome change. It was rather pleasant and relaxing music to be honest. A bit like lift Muzak

That’s exactly what it’s like! Quite soporific..

Ros
Administrator

editor, rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 1323

That is the end of an era big time - the Vivaldi has been such a recurring theme -

I like this thread which starts with Juanita Banana seeking a job description for a WRO -

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/1661

Also this one about Vivaldi being played during service disruptions where Mike Hughes says -

‘My fave moment of this week was when someone from JCP hummed Viv down the phone at me on the basis that it was a much politer way of putting me on hold and knowing that they were still there and doing something. I really wanted them to forget themselves and swear under their breath as their systems wouldn’t log them on but sadly not.’

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/9734/

Alexis
forum member

Send message

Ros - 24 January 2020 02:27 PM

That is the end of an era big time - the Vivaldi has been such a recurring theme -

I like this thread which starts with Juanita Banana seeking a job description for a WRO -

Also this one about Vivaldi being played during service disruptions where Mike Hughes says -

‘My fave moment of this week was when someone from JCP hummed Viv down the phone at me on the basis that it was a much politer way of putting me on hold and knowing that they were still there and doing something. I really wanted them to forget themselves and swear under their breath as their systems wouldn’t log them on but sadly not.’

I’m glad someone agrees with me! Sadly, the colleagues sat around me are a little more “green” with only around 2 years of making calls to DWP so couldn’t quite understand my excitement after 11 years of assisting people with benefits queries that the music has finally gone!

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

Rosie W - 24 January 2020 01:58 PM

I was on hold to PIP for 48 minutes yesterday afternoon and that was most definitely Vivaldi.

ikbikb
forum member

LSD WB supervisor - Bury District CAB, Lancashire

Send message

Total Posts: 146

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm “variety of appropriate hold music” oooh it has to be Cliff Richard’ “A Voice in the Wilderness” “Gee Whiz It’s You”    “I’m the Lonely One” “Time Drags By” “Don’t Forget to Catch Me”  i could carry on…
and i will “Throw Down a Line” with Hank Marvin “I Ain’t Got Time Anymore” “(You Keep Me) Hangin’ On” we are only at 1974 “Please Remember Me” “We Don’t Talk Anymore” a goldie “Wired for Sound” “Where Do We Go from Here” “Remember Me” “I Still Believe in You” “Be with Me Always”    pop pickers we are in the millennium with a prayer. and some mistletoe and wine…....Let Me Be the One”  “Somethin’ is Goin’ On”  “When I Need You”  “Thank You for a Lifetime”  “I Still Believe in You”  its a re-entry 2014…..“It’s Better to Dream”  “(It’s Gonna Be) Okay” and finally “Mistletoe and Wine” (re-entry) again again and again…...

andyrichards
forum member

City services - Brighton and Hove City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 204

Maybe they’re changing the music to mark the end of the four seasons of the benefit freeze…..?

Benny Fitzpatrick
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer, Southway Housing Trust, Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 627

One feels sorry for poor old Vivaldi. Once considered a serious composer, but reduced by the DWP to a mere source of annoyance and displeasure. He must have been spinning in his grave every time that particularly poor quality recording signalled another eternity of limbo for some hapless caller.

Mike Hughes
forum member

Send message

Benny Fitzpatrick - 27 January 2020 10:42 AM

One feels sorry for poor old Vivaldi. Once considered a serious composer, but reduced by the DWP to a mere source of annoyance and displeasure. He must have been spinning in his grave every time that particularly poor quality recording signalled another eternity of limbo for some hapless caller.

I’ve zero sympathy for old Viv. I have long considered the playing of his albums an abuse of the domestic hi-fi arrangements.

I will move from CD to streaming when the latter includes the ability to block certain things in the same way you can with emails and texts :)

Rosie W
forum member

Send message

Mike Hughes - 24 January 2020 03:59 PM

I was on hold to PIP for 48 minutes yesterday afternoon and that was most definitely Vivaldi.

They must have kept it especially for you knowing how much you love it ????

Mike Hughes
forum member

Send message

Rosie W - 29 January 2020 12:55 PM
Mike Hughes - 24 January 2020 03:59 PM

They must have kept it especially for you knowing how much you love it ????

Yes, the much vaunted “personalised service”.

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3196

Ros - 24 January 2020 02:27 PM

Juanita Bananais such a good user name,

Yours, with much love, Paulie Tandoori x

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3117

Pleased to report that I hadn’t had any Viv all week (calls to PIP & UC I think).

Until yesterday when I called the UC appointments line who apparently haven’t had the memo and are still piping it in…