to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

Implicit Consent

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

is it just me or are PIP getting increasingly difficult to deal with under IC.

CHAC Adviser
forum member

Caseworker - CHAC, Middlesbrough

Send message

Total Posts: 260

I feel like it fluctuates across all of them really. I just got of the phone with ESA an hour ago and they didn’t even ask to speak to the client just ran me through security and spoke to me whilst on previous occasions they’ve been very reluctant (but always caved in). I’m aware of a colleague who spoke to DLA the other week and they point blank refused to speak with them and even rang the client and told the client that they shouldn’t be having third parties ring up on their behalf!

But on PIP directly they’ve never, as yet, refused to speak to me under implicit consent.

EJ
forum member

Benefits advice line - Coventry City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 111

Dan Manville - 03 October 2019 01:33 PM

is it just me or are PIP getting increasingly difficult to deal with under IC.

Today, I was declined implicit consent, which, after nearly 30 minutes of Vivaldi, is infuriating.  Officer tells me that implicit consent is ” now down to the individual adviser” - told me I could try again and see if another adviser would accept it!!!
Client has acute anxiety, couldn’t make the out-of-town rail trip to the Assessment Centre, can’t afford the £15 her surgery want for the letter to say she needs a home visit.  Capita say they’ve sent the case back to DWP: I wanted to see if we could get it reopened…...

Grrrr!!