Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

DWP proactively seeking further evidence at mandatory reconsideration stage in all PIP and WCA cases

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

This news item has got me wondering whether anyone’s seen this process in action yet?

I assume some appeal subs have been issued with the evidence they gather.

Chrissum
forum member

WRAMAS, Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 240

Recently seen one where the DWP asked for extra time to prepare their submission because they were seeking further evidence, conveniently ignoring the 30-odd pages that the client had included with his claim form and re-presented at his assessment, supporting his suggested award. As far as putting it into practice, I expect to see the usual bland questionnaire / tick box sent out to GP’s along with statements that “I phoned [the claimant] and they told us…. whereas the HCP said… I prefer the evidence of the HCP because…”
I don’t think we can expect the kind of expert examination that tribunal panel members provide, which is what Mr Tomlinson suggests in his answer.
Having said that (rather cynically), I have seen a recent upturn in the number of successful MR applications or lapsed appeals, so something is going on behind the scenes (long may it continue!). Slow progress but progress nonetheless.

John Birks
forum member

Welfare Rights and Debt Advice - Stockport Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1064

” I attended a PIP mandatory reconsideration in Cardiff over the summer…”

?

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3549