to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

Form AT37 - copy anyone?

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

Does anyone have a copy of form AT37 - this is an admin. form which should be sent by the respondent LA with the claimants appeal to HMCTS (I am assuming they are no longer used for DWP/HMRC appeals due to direct lodgement).

I also assume it records basic info like claimant / LA / rep details etc. Failure of LA to provide them is causing delays with HMCTS registering HB appeals.

It would be helpful to see a copy (I cannot located one in Justice dept forms lists etc. on Gov.uk).

HB Anorak
forum member

Benefits consultant/trainer - hbanorak.co.uk, East London

Send message

Total Posts: 2895

I don’t think there is a definitive official version. I’m on my phone at the moment, but I’ll upload the version I use when I get pack to my PC. HMCTS cannot set up a record on their system without an AT37 it acts as an input sheet. Woe betide the LA if they don’t send one or don’t fill it in properly. The whole bundle is likely to be returned in the post.

This is pretty elementary stuff. I’m surprised councils are forgetting to send them.

HB Anorak
forum member

Send message

Here is an AT37 in Word format with fields you can complete, plus a list of case codes to populate the little box at the top right.

Some of the items on it are obsolete and it could do with some more up to date ones, but I don’t have any problem getting appeals registered using this template.  The HMCTS clerks just need some basic details and a case code that is valid on the system.  I believe the case code is used for stats and also for efficiently routing certain appeal subjects to suitably experienced judges

File Attachments

HB Anorak
forum member

Send message

And the case codes ...

File Attachments

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

HB Anorak - 16 August 2019 08:59 PM

Woe betide the LA if they don’t send one or don’t fill it in properly. The whole bundle is likely to be returned in the post.

This is pretty elementary stuff. I’m surprised councils are forgetting to send them.

Thanks for the downloads Peter.

The council concerned has appointed an ‘independent appeal officer’. Appeal response (in this and 2 other appeals) only issued to HMCTS following notice before action. HMCTS issued several Directions Notices prior to this (we had requested the appeal be admitted without response from LA).

LA state they did send an AT37 but seem unable / unwilling to confirm when / provide copy.

HMCTS direct lodgement centre (give the history of the case) now seem unable to use some initiative and register the appeal without an AT37 (despite our further application for Direction to that effect).

All in a days work!