× Search rightsnet
Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Access to justice and advice sector issues  →  Thread

Help us understand more about what you want from rightsnet

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3773

Hi all -

We’re launching a new user survey today and we’d be really grateful if you could spare 5 minutes to take a look at it ...

Your answers will help us understand more about who our users are, what you want from rightsnet, what you like and don’t like, and how we can improve to best meet your needs.

We really value your perspective and look forward to hearing your views - and to say thank you we’ll enter you into our prize draw with a chance to win £75 of book vouchers!

The deadline for completing the survey is 25 January 2019.

https://goo.gl/forms/I61psc97bF7LF3Gu1

Thanks in advance ...

Best wishes - Shawn

[ Edited: 16 Jan 2019 at 03:16 pm by shawn mach ]
shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Just a quick thank you to those who’ve already completed our survey ...

... if you haven’t yet had a chance to take a look ... don’t despair, there’s still time!

The survey’s open until 25 January 2019 at: https://goo.gl/forms/I61psc97bF7LF3Gu1 .... and really does take just a few minutes (honest)

Cheers - Shawn

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Four more days to have your say (... and to be in with a chance to win £75 of book vouchers!)

https://goo.gl/forms/I61psc97bF7LF3Gu1

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Very very very last chance!

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

Resurrecting this rather than start a new thread.

When Rightsnet introduced the concept of Favourites I knew it was a functionality I would be using. I’ve favourited lots of stuff but, ironically, not really started referring back to that until recently. This means I’ve only just noticed that the organisation of Favourites appears wholly random and not searchable.

Each time I go back to my Favourites they appear to be ordered differently to the last time. Is there any way of fixing this so we can at least go with a chronological order which can be reversed i.e. has the two options of Recent/Oldest? Additionally, would it be possible to make them searchable?

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Oh blimey ..... let me investigate (though I may need to create some new favourites and folders and watch them change over time) .... on it though

Cheers - Shawn

Mike Hughes
forum member

Send message

A prompt response is all one can ask for. Thanks Shawn.

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

Bit late for the survey perhaps, but rather than creating a separate thread for it:

Would there be any interest for a wider experience sharing setup, either a forum thread, or perhaps more appropriately - a chat room, where advisers can discuss cases, and ask for support rather than having to do research already done by 100 advisers?
It’s especially pertinent to myself, as I am the lone adviser for my organisation, and spend a lot of time buried in books, legislation, or the Rightsnet forum.

I’m thinking something along the lines of a reciprocal system, where at first more experienced advisers provide the answers, and in return when that question comes up again, someone else can offer that same lesson. I.e. in return for receiving advice, you commit to helping someone else.

Might lower the bar for asking questions, and make for more active discussions.

Mike Hughes
forum member

Send message

No to the above question then? 😊 What’s proposed is effectively Rightsnet as it is now!

Shawn,

New issue. Not desperate, but this morning I opened up the site and found the logo at about 8x normal height. I use magnification within IE 11 at work so I did an instant “CTRL and -” which fixed it but going one level up with a “CTRL and +” blew it up again. My browser is usually set at 125%. Never had this happen before. Has something changed? 

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Hi both ....

Va1der ... sorry wasn’t ignoring you ... was just waiting to see whether anyone else had any thoughts ....

Mike .... just tried it in IE11 and went up to 1000% and it worked well ... do you want to email me and we’ll see if we can work out what’s going on? (Ps - I haven’t forgotten about your favourites question above)

Cheers - Shawn

Mike Hughes
forum member

Send message

On my way out for the afternoon and most of tomorrow but will do if I remember. It’s not urgent and it may be related to some other font size issues I’m having more generally. Awaiting a further response on those.