< 1 2

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

Dan Manville - 22 July 2019 11:38 AM

tuppenerth…

My submission is usually my recon or appeal. The case is spelled out in corresondence and needn’t be reiterated with bells and whistles for the hearing.

If I’ve not done the appeal or the recon I’ll think about a submission so the Tribunal knows where I’m going. It’s only for technical stuff, or if I’ve got a novel point, that I’d think about providing a sub in run of the mill cases.

This.

Paul Stockton
forum member

Epping Forest CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 292

Our office does not have the capacity to provide representation at hearings so we routinely provide written submissions, unless there is absolutely no point. Whether they are effective is hard to prove but our current success rate is just under 90%. What little feedback we have from judges indicates that they welcome submissions.

I agree with the general advice given by others. My submissions are no more than 5 pages, and usually 2 or 3. I’m attaching one which may be a helpfull guide, from an AA case with details redacted. I’m not saying it’s anything exceptional, but the tribunal made a point of telling the appellant how useful they found it.

File Attachments

ClairemHodgson
forum member

Solicitor, SC Law, Harrow

Send message

Total Posts: 1221

Dan Manville - 22 July 2019 11:38 AM

tuppenerth…

My submission is usually my recon or appeal. The case is spelled out in corresondence and needn’t be reiterated with bells and whistles for the hearing.

mmm

but

1. that presupposes that your correspondence makes it into the bundle
2. doing a submission brings it all together
3. thus saving tribunal scrabbling round in an unindexed bundle for what they want, assuming it is there….

have to say, whilst pagination is all well and good, indexes are useful as well…..i went to the trouble of providing one on the last PIP appeal I did