to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

minimum income floor

Ruth Knox
forum member

Vauxhall Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 551

Hi everyone, I have a client who has carried on his trade as a plasterer for a number of years, but has now had to make a claim for UC.  The minimum income floor has been applied and he is not entitled to any UC.  I seem to remember somewhere that the regs were modified so that this isn’t applied for the first twelve months of the claim, even when the business has been going for more than 12 months. Is this just wishful thinking on my part?

davidsmithp1000
forum member

Brighton Unemployed Centre Families Project

Send message

Total Posts: 195

Vonny
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Social Inclusion Unit, Swansea

Send message

Total Posts: 486

Not until september next year

Ruth Knox
forum member

Vauxhall Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 551

Thanks, it looks as if the leeway applies to managed migration but not to my client who has ended up on UC incorrectly - persuaded to claim by a loan shark who then went off with half his advance payment - see other thread on this.  Ruth

Charles
forum member

Accountant, Haffner Hoff Ltd, Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 1411

The change is actually being made in two stages: for managed migration, it’ll apply straight away, and for new claims, it will apply from September next year.

clive
forum member

Newcastle Council Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 122

has this extension the MIF (to hardly anyone at all) planned for July 2019 been enacted yet?

The Universal Credit (Managed Migration Pilot and Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2019 that amend the Universal Credit (Transitional Provisions) Regulations 2014 - are still in DRAFT form.

Is this something to do with the managed migration regs not going ahead a while back?

Thank you

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3196