to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

Right to reside appeals

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3117

Does anybody have any idea what is going on with the DRT dealing with UC right to reside appeals. They seem to have gone completely dead.

I have cases still waiting for responses from December and January and a case from February which we won but which the DWP are just ignoring.  MRs taking months.

Got a great deal of patience for this team as they are normally good at revising where appropriate but it feels like months since I’ve had any contact from them.

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Elliot Kent - 20 May 2019 11:23 AM

they are normally good at revising where appropriate .

You owe me a new keyboard for that gem Elliot, there’s coffee all over it!

That aside, I will be fast to escalate the UC R2R appeal I won the week before last if they do not deal with the matter promptly.

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Dan Manville - 20 May 2019 11:32 AM
Elliot Kent - 20 May 2019 11:23 AM

they are normally good at revising where appropriate .

You owe me a new keyboard for that gem Elliot, there’s coffee all over it!

Seriously, I did the stats quickly and about 80% of mine are revised before the hearing.

Dan_Manville
forum member

Send message

Elliot Kent - 20 May 2019 11:42 AM

Seriously, I did the stats quickly and about 80% of mine are revised before the hearing.

To be fair I’ve only seen a couple but they’ve been characterised by the usual intransigence we’d have expected from Wick back in the day.

Dan_Manville
forum member

Send message

Bump

Was it Nottingham Elliot? I’ve got one that’s stuck there.

a case from February which we won but which the DWP are just ignoring

I hope our partnership team might shed some light on what’s going wrong, I suspect it’s something to do with the allocation of case managers post hearing.

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

The DRT is still running, but I am told by an AO there that they have a massive backlog, running into several months. I had two of my cases lapse last week - one from January and one from March. Still have a number running late; most involving households who have been on nil income for six months plus.

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

We are seeing the same issue with R2R appeals and DWP failure to provide an appeal response despite being issued with one or more Directions.

Have today seen the first case where the tribunal was adjourned (last week) because still no response from DWP (case only now referred to us). The DWP had decided that someone working (for a well know high st chain) was not a ‘worker’. The entirety of the decision / MR is “We made our decision because you were not granted EEA Worker status”.

I wonder if in such cases they don’t bother with a response but fail to revised the decision before appeal (don’t understand what to do)?

[ Edited: 13 Jun 2019 at 04:21 pm by Peter Turville ]