Send message

Total Posts: 486

i am now on 1 hour 27 minutes on hold

gcrow
forum member

Macmillan/Welfare benefits advisor - Alnwick CAB, Northumberland

Send message

Total Posts: 25

I have tried to call three times in the past 30 minutes and been disconnected on all three calls after selecting all of the appropriate options.

Vonny
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Social Inclusion Unit, Swansea

Send message

I was disconnected when ringing from landline, so used work mobile and after 1 hour and 40 mins got through - good news for my client though

SamW
forum member

Lambeth Every Pound Counts

Send message

Total Posts: 430

Myself and my colleagues have also been having problems with being disconnected. Out of interest are you making the landline calls using Skype or similar or using an ‘old-school’ landline? We have also had better luck using mobile phones.

And as above when you don’t get disconnected the call waiting times are really bad at the moment.

Vonny
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Social Inclusion Unit, Swansea

Send message

old school

Mr Finch
forum member

Benefits adviser - Isle of Wight CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 509

Disconnected three times yesterday before reaching Vivaldi. Fourth attempt got through after 15 minutes.

Benny Fitzpatrick
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer, Southway Housing Trust, Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 627

As the DWP claim they are about “helping people into work”, and there is clearly a need for more staff at the call centres, should be a simple fix, eh?

Helen Rogers
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Stockport MBC

Send message

Total Posts: 233

Have just spent an hour on hold to PIP.  It’s not like we can just wait for letter to arrive in the post because of PIP’s habit of not registering MR requests sent in writing until we ring to chase them up.

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1005

Here too earlier and a colleague ringing up to give a learning disabled client’s bank details.

SamW
forum member

Lambeth Every Pound Counts

Send message

Total Posts: 430

Just been on phone to PIP and enquired about the issues re being disconnected whilst on hold - apparently this is a problem at their end also when for example the call handlers make their own calls to speak to case managers. So it seems that they are aware of the issue.

EJ
forum member

Benefits advice line - Coventry City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 111

An hour and 35 minutes - and still holding!!!

tarzier
forum member

The Regard Partnership, Kingston

Send message

Total Posts: 54

Good morning.  I have tried 4 times this morning to get through on the 0800 121 4433 number but just goes to engaged.  Is there a problem or it is that they are short staffed?  Julia

EJ
forum member

Benefits advice line - Coventry City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 111

Just tried this afternoon and the recorded message announces an exceptionally high volume of calls.  Incidentally, my call to them on the 18th April was 2 hours and 10 minutes in total (20 minutes of which was the actual enquiry).  Thank goodness for implicit consent!!

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

I got through to PIP in 10 minutes at lunchtime.

I nearly fell off my chair!

Don’t all rush now; you’ll spoil it 😉

JP 007
forum member

Welfare rights - Dundee City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 96

Oh the irony! Called PIP helpline and got some new (i.e. Not Vivaldi) hold music. Beethoven - Sonata Pathétique, I thought, so went to learned friend and called again to confirm my guess, dialled number, selected options as per previous call and an operator answered straight away - without being put on home for even a second! I then had an opportunity to state I was unavailable to take the call right now and ask to be put on hold.  New music must have been chosen to depress with the ‘sonata’s tragic sonorities’ in C Minor! It will however be a long time before you hear this WRO wishing for the return of Vivaldi!

[ Edited: 2 May 2019 at 11:04 am by JP 007 ]
Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

Oh I love Sonata Pathetique - one of the few things I can play on the piano - i might ring the helpline just to listen ;)