to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

“no-one will have their benefits stopped during managed migration pilot”

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

So they’ll only start stopping peoples’ awards once we’re in full managed migration; won’t have assessed the impact of people not responding and we’ll be back to the days of ESA where people were fished off hospital wards having not engaged with the process having nearly starved to death.

Great!!

joke!!!

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

Not quite in your words Dan, but at the stakeholder event for managed migration last week it was raised that, if the pilot is so well resourced and claimants so well looked after, it will not be scaleable and replicable in full managed migration. Apparently the lessons will be learned though…

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

I came over to Social Services from an advice background at the height of the ESA migration in late 2012. 18 months before ATOS flopped. I was horrified at what I saw. Discussing my experience with a long time supervisor at our local Cit A who also came across to SS, we didn’t realise that there is a tier of people that can’t access Cit A and the like; we thought we’d seen it all until we came into Socal Care…

I can think of at least 10 people that ended up long term hospitalised thanks to the ESA debacle; half of them malnourished and a couple severely so. They will inflict this on us again if they’re not careful.

Thankfully the Judiciary appear to be tiring of this nonsense. I fear we’ll be needing them again before long.

ClairemHodgson
forum member

Solicitor, SC Law, Harrow

Send message

Total Posts: 1221

Daphne - 12 March 2019 03:26 PM

Apparently the lessons will be learned though…

the other one’s got bells on…...

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1005

Dan Manville - 13 March 2019 09:46 AM

I came over to Social Services from an advice background at the height of the ESA migration in late 2012. 18 months before ATOS flopped. I was horrified at what I saw. Discussing my experience with a long time supervisor at our local Cit A who also came across to SS, we didn’t realise that there is a tier of people that can’t access Cit A and the like; we thought we’d seen it all until we came into Socal Care…

I can think of at least 10 people that ended up long term hospitalised thanks to the ESA debacle; half of them malnourished and a couple severely so. They will inflict this on us again if they’re not careful.

Thankfully the Judiciary appear to be tiring of this nonsense. I fear we’ll be needing them again before long.

‘I was horrified at what I saw. Discussing my experience with a long time supervisor at our local Cit A who also came across to SS, we didn’t realise that there is a tier of people that can’t access Cit A and the like; we thought we’d seen it all until we came into Socal Care…’

Couldn’t agree more with the above!