to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Decision Making by Case Managers

LauraGSLC
forum member

MMAS - South Lanarkshire Council

Send message

Total Posts: 11

Wondering if any other areas are having the same issue as we are in South Lanarkshire with Case Managers making “decisions” (more often than not it is a one sentence – i.e. no we are not paying you any backdate).  Case managers appear to be making “decisions” on late change of circumstance requests, the amount of housing costs payable and responding on behalf of the RTI dispute team.  No decision letters are uploaded giving client’s their right to challenge or why the decision has been reached.  On speaking to a Case manager Team Leader, he advised that the guidance allows for Case Managers to make basic decisions. He could not share this guidance with me nor have I been able to find it anywhere online.  Does anyone have access to this guidance on the role of a case manager and what are your experiences in this?

NAI
forum member

Unclaimed Benefits Campaign, Middlesbrough CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 131

LauraGSLC - 14 February 2019 09:10 AM

Wondering if any other areas are having the same issue as we are in South Lanarkshire with Case Managers making “decisions” (more often than not it is a one sentence – i.e. no we are not paying you any backdate).  Case managers appear to be making “decisions” on late change of circumstance requests, the amount of housing costs payable and responding on behalf of the RTI dispute team.  No decision letters are uploaded giving client’s their right to challenge or why the decision has been reached.  On speaking to a Case manager Team Leader, he advised that the guidance allows for Case Managers to make basic decisions. He could not share this guidance with me nor have I been able to find it anywhere online.  Does anyone have access to this guidance on the role of a case manager and what are your experiences in this?

Make a Freedom of Information (FOI) request. Try whatdotheyknow at https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/  and then we can all read their response.