to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

UC and DS1500

PippaD
forum member

Benefits advisor - Maggie's South West Wales, Swansea

Send message

Total Posts: 54

Has there been any advance on how we get a DS1500 to UC without the claimant seeing it?

I don’t want to post it as I have done that before and it goes nowhere.

Or if we put on the journal that there is a DS1500 with PIP do they cross check?

ASH
forum member

Welfare officer - St Christopher's Hospice, SE London

Send message

Total Posts: 110

if there is a DS1500 with PIP - UC should be able to access it’s presence without the need to send another.  I usually get the claimant to give explicit consent on the journal for me to ring about their benefit amount and then ring to advise UC to go looking for it.

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

I had to look at this the other day; one of the Special Rules checks they are instructed to do is check for the DS1500 marker on their system.

In my case the client already had enhanced both PIP so PIP didn;t need the DS1500; UC just asked me to scan it onto the journal and are going from there.

PippaD
forum member

Send message

The issue I have is if it is uploaded via the journal, a client can see it.
Also what if the PIP claim hasn’t yet been made so there is no cross checking with PIP?

ASH
forum member

Welfare officer - St Christopher's Hospice, SE London

Send message

Total Posts: 110

I think send the DS1500 to PIP anyway.  PIP have procedures to get it logged onto the system in good time and get the marker on the system.  If a PIP claim is pending - they should then link up when it is made and it makes sense to make the PIP claim asap.  If a claim is not necessary because enhanced rates paid already it won’t hurt to send the DS1500 for reference.

PippaD
forum member

Send message

Thanks Ash, I hadn’t thought of just sending it to PIP ( which I will do) as that does rule out the issue of giving it to them or UC.

However the problem remains that UC have no system in place at all to manage DS1500 claims.