Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

In LCWRA group? Online ‘Messages to Work Coach’ will be ignored as you haven’t got one

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1955

Claimant has wondered why her messages on her journal were getting no response.

She has been told it is because she is in LCWRA group and does not have a Work Coach, so ‘message to work coach’ is not looked at!

She has been told to mark any further contacts as ‘Payment’ so they will be looked at.

........[insert tirade/swearing/angry, inarticulate noises].............

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

Out of interest, does anyone have a template for where messages should be sent to? Some are more obvious, like missing payments, but other issues less so. I tend to send MRs as a message to the WC but have tried them as Service Issues too with no discernible difference in response/lack of.

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3117

BC Welfare Rights - 11 December 2018 12:37 PM

Out of interest, does anyone have a template for where messages should be sent to? Some are more obvious, like missing payments, but other issues less so. I tend to send MRs as a message to the WC but have tried them as Service Issues too with no discernible difference in response/lack of.

I haven’t quite figured that out…

None of the options quite translates to “send this message to my case manager” which is what I want to happen 90% of the time.

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1005

Elliot Kent - 11 December 2018 07:38 PM
BC Welfare Rights - 11 December 2018 12:37 PM

I haven’t quite figured that out…

None of the options quite translates to “send this message to my case manager” which is what I want to happen 90% of the time.

I don’t know the answer either….......... so rightly or wrongly i copy and paste the MR to service issues, payments and the WC. Which does at least get a response from a case manager (rarely the one i’m looking for).

But what goes on the journal, stays on the journal, so handy for escalating cases and for appeals, social policy, and on occasions chronicling on Rightsnet.

Jeremy Barker
forum member

Citizens Advice North Lincolnshire

Send message

Total Posts: 102

Andrew Dutton - 11 December 2018 12:20 PM

Claimant has wondered why her messages on her journal were getting no response.

She has been told it is because she is in LCWRA group and does not have a Work Coach, so ‘message to work coach’ is not looked at!

She has been told to mark any further contacts as ‘Payment’ so they will be looked at.

........[insert tirade/swearing/angry, inarticulate noises].............

That’s ^&*^&* ridiculous. When a message is put on the journal it should be looked at regardless of which tag it was given.

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Send message

DWP Partnership Manager confirms that the Case Manager should be picking up these messages. I’ve put in a formal complaint as well, so the full response to that should be of interest.

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Send message

Further helpful advice -

‘[you should] be able to access the case manager’s details from the customer’s account. The information would appear within the claimant summary section of the customers record. It would state the Case Manager’s details if the case has been assigned . If the case has not been assigned then then please contact the Work Coach Team Leader for the appropriate Jobcentre as per the escalation route way’

I raised the problem that we are advising at a remove (via phone/email) and never get to sit with the claimant and see the details and we have many clients who can’t use IT, in which case I’m told it would be a case of following the escalation route and contacting the Work Coach Team Leader for the relevant Jobcentre.

alang
forum member

Paisley South HA

Send message

Total Posts: 54

I have been told by work coach at JC+, that if you want a note to go to case manager use payment or service issue tab, everything else goes to work coach.