Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

ESA 3

< 1 2

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

Ah, my bad. Some confusion on my part. This form has been on the GMWRAG web site for some time in pristine form. It can be found at https://gmwrag.wordpress.com/new-self-help-resources/

I had erroneously assumed this was a different form.

NIGELB
forum member

Rotherham and District Citizens Advice Bureau

Send message

Total Posts: 56

Thank you Tina
for the ESA 3 scanned doc.

Once I have managed to put something together I will let you know.

I feel that as we said before an ESA 3 is straightforward when you are dealing with the present but there are some instances where clients just don’t know.
If they have never had money in the bank or worked between the dates or same with partner then its ok. the other extreme is if someone knows their partner was always working in excess of 24 hours per week etc then ok but its the middle ground.

Its difficult to get information out of people sometimes.

thanks for your help

best wishes

Nigel
p.s. I haven’t had time till now to look on rightsnet

Jon (CANY)
forum member

Welfare benefits - Craven CAB, North Yorkshire

Send message

Total Posts: 1362

Mike Hughes - 06 December 2018 10:10 AM

Ah, my bad. Some confusion on my part. This form has been on the GMWRAG web site for some time in pristine form. It can be found at https://gmwrag.wordpress.com/new-self-help-resources/

I had erroneously assumed this was a different form.

But it is a different form. Or at least, I can see your copy of the normal ESA3 10/14, but that isn’t quite the same as the version being issued specifically to claimants who may have missed out on Incap conversion.

The version attached by Tina above is called ESA3(IBR) 06/18. It includes a space on the front page for DWP to write in the conversion date, instead of a question on page 1 about what date you want to be reassessed from. Many of the questions have been reworded to include the form of words.. “.. since the date we’ve put on the front of this form…”, instead of e.g. “...since you last claimed ESA..”.

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

Noted Jon. I looked but couldn’t see any initial difference. Looking again now I can see what you say so I’ll upload that one too with an explanation as to the difference. Thanks.

Stuart
Administrator

rightsnet editor

Send message

Total Posts: 890

Tina M - 05 December 2018 02:35 PM

Hi all

I’ve got the ES3 (IBR) form as promised.  I’ve had to scan it in 4 sections as it is 45 pages long and the file is over 5MB.

FOI response includes a single pdf version of the 06/18 ESA3 (IBR)