to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Escalation numbers for universal credit

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3546

Super exciting news hot from the operational stakeholder’s forum - DWP are going to provide direct contact details for universal credit work coach team leaders for escalation purposes - they have trialled it in Merseyside and they have found -

- resolves problems quicker
- it helps relationships with external organizations
- helps staff development
- enables them to identify individual work coach problems

Who’d have thought?!

Hopefully will be available in July… I will distribute to mailing list as soon as I have…

[ Edited: 7 Jun 2018 at 09:35 am by Daphne ]
Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

Daphne - will it include escalation numbers for Case Managers / processing centres? Many of the issue that require escalation are not the responsibility of work coaches - like failure to include a relevant element, delays with housing costs etc. Or will the work coaches pass these issues on to the case manager where they disappear into the ether just like now?

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3546

Ah no - I don’t think it will Peter - it’s very much the jobcentre side of things - but I can certainly push for that as well. It’s only taken us 18 months to get this so I’m sure it won’t be long ;)

Hallsch
forum member

MS Legal Officer, Disability Law Service, London

Send message

Total Posts: 1

Daphne - 07 June 2018 01:55 PM

Ah no - I don’t think it will Peter - it’s very much the jobcentre side of things - but I can certainly push for that as well. It’s only taken us 18 months to get this so I’m sure it won’t be long ;)

Hi Daphne, did you ever get these details from the DWP?