to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Residence issues  →  Thread

New fund to support vulnerable EU citizens apply for settled status

Rehousing Advice.
forum member

Homeless Unit - Southampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 637

New fund to support vulnerable EU citizens apply for settled status details are here.

I havn’t spotted it elsewhere on RN.

That’s most probably my poor eyesight, which is not as goods as the eagle eyed administrator.

However given the importance of it, I thought it cant do any harm to plonk it down again.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-fund-to-support-vulnerable-eu-citizens-apply-for-settled-status

Martin Williams
forum member

Welfare rights advisor - CPAG, London

Send message

Total Posts: 770

I wonder whether they applicant organisations are expected to show they are regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner?

Presumably this sort of “support” will include some advice which means that they should be…

Rehousing Advice.
forum member

Homeless Unit - Southampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 637

Hi Martin

I came across this

http://www.nrpfnetwork.org.uk/Documents/EU-Settlement-Scheme.pdf

“There are several actions a local authority may consider undertaking in order to ensure EU residents are aware of the process and what they may need to do to protect their rights:”

“Provide information to residents and employees on the council website, through communications and when services are accessed. Until final arrangements are agreed, this may be best limited to signposting people to the Government’s information for the public and suggesting that they sign up for email alerts.
Explore options for providing residents with advice on their rights, for example, advice clinics in partnership with legal representatives. The European Commission is offering to provide a lawyer for information sessions run by community groups.
Identify vulnerable EU nationals and their family members who are engaged with council services in order to make them aware of the process and consider how they may be helped to overcome any barriers in making an application.
Make sure that non-council services have information about the process and know where they can signpost people to for more information or advice, for example, homeless shelters, day centres, health centres, GP surgeries and hospitals, in order to reach people who do not, or are unable to, routinely engage with council services.”

It will be a shame if anyone misses out on their Rights, because of vulnerability or ignorance. Potentially it looks like a good thing.

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3211

Martin Williams - 29 October 2018 05:50 PM

I wonder whether they applicant organisations are expected to show they are regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner?

Presumably this sort of “support” will include some advice which means that they should be…

We were told that you needed to be OISC level 1 registered.

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Send message

Although no mention of the OISC level 1 requirement on Contract Finder.

https://www.contractsfinder.service.gov.uk/Notice/fd25fb5c-ec72-4a7d-981f-0623ef5e294c?p=@UFQxUlRRPT0=NjJNT08=

Sue123
forum member

EEA Family Support, Children's Centre Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 135

Hi
Does anyone know how organisations can actually apply for this fund?

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Send message

Zuzana - 27 November 2018 09:30 PM

Hi

There’s a contact email address in the attached document Zuzana.

File Attachments

Sue123
forum member

EEA Family Support, Children's Centre Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 135

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK - 28 November 2018 09:20 AM
Zuzana - 27 November 2018 09:30 PM

Hi

There’s a contact email address in the attached document Zuzana.

Thank you Paul.