Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

Payment of LCW or LCWRA in UC

JoW
forum member

Financial inclusion manager - Wythenshawe Community Housing

Send message

Total Posts: 343

Hello

We have only had UC Full Service since end of July so we are still quite new to it. We are finding no-one is receiving either of these elements in their first UC payment despite meeting the conditions i.e in WRAG pre 2017 or in Support Group.

I helped a woman put a note on her journal the day after she claimed UC to say she was in support group but didn’t get LCWRA included in her award 5 weeks later when she was paid. She has put a further note on but her next payment is due tomorrow and it isn’t showing in her payment details. I have heard that DWP have to send a form somewhere and get confirmation back and this takes time (have they heard of email or having access to their own IT systems??) but it’s over 2 months and she is now £656 down. Is this normal?

Thanks

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3546

I fear it still is an issue - see https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/11307 - have you escalated it via partnership manager. If you have and it still isn’t being resolved i can raise it via stakeholder forum for you - you would need to direct message/email me with NIno. But you must try local escalation first and let me know what’s happened with that.

Rosie W
forum member

Welfare rights service - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 471

It is very much still an issue. We are pursuing a complaint after the UC response to the initial complaint on this issue was just to tell us they have to follow the “correct process”. The LCW/WRA element was eventually paid in the third AP and the arrears have also been paid but as you say it leaves vulnerable disabled claimants £328 a month down on their entitlement.  Our further complaint is about to go to the CRT; if anything useful comes out of it I’ll post something but I’m not holding my breath at this point.

JoW
forum member

Send message

Thanks for advice. I will escalate to our Partnership Manager and see where it goes…...

JoW
forum member

Send message

I have escalated this case only to be told the UC service centre is “exceptionally busy” so they cannot say when the decision will be looked at. Not really my clients problem when all they are wanting is their correct UC entitlement!