to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Benefits for older people  →  Thread

Evidence from Syria

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3211

Just when you think you have seen it all, Pension Service really outdo themselves with a case.

Syrian couple been in UK for over 10 years, granted ILR and claimed PC.

Pension Service say client has business and bank account in Syria and that client must provide details of these or they won’t process the claim.

The adviser says client argues that the “business is defunct or destroyed however Pension Credit are demanding written or photographic proof of this.”

Bank account wasn’t online either so client would need to travel to Aleppo in order to get evidence required.

This is basically abusive administation in my opinion - from Wiki on Syrian Civil War - The Syrian Civil War is one of the most heavily documented wars in history, despite the extreme dangers that journalists face while in Syria.

And they’re asking for evidence that this person can’t realise assets that most probably are dust and ashes now. I despair, I absolutely despair. What kind of person does it take to be this pig-headed?

ClairemHodgson
forum member

Solicitor, SC Law, Harrow

Send message

Total Posts: 1221

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK - 09 November 2018 02:49 PM

And they’re asking for evidence that this person can’t realise assets that most probably are dust and ashes now. I despair, I absolutely despair. What kind of person does it take to be this pig-headed?

you know the answer to that. 

someone who has been so ground down by his/her employer’s targets that all s/he knows is the mantra.