Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

UC50 is a scanned document and not available

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

Tribunal sub from DWP for a WCA failure says:

“I submit that the UC50 is not available as this is now a scanned document and is not available for viewing”

It was completed approximately a year ago and the decision made in August 18. Is DWP saying that it can’t print the UC 50 off once it is scanned or just that it is not prepared to in this case, do you think? I thought that all UC50s etc, were scanned on receipt? It surely can’t be right that DWP is saying that it can’t provide the claimant’s main evidence for an appeal that is only a few months old.

ClairemHodgson
forum member

Solicitor, SC Law, Harrow

Send message

Total Posts: 1221

BC Welfare Rights - 05 November 2018 11:46 AM

Tribunal sub from DWP for a WCA failure says:

“I submit that the UC50 is not available as this is now a scanned document and is not available for viewing”

It was completed approximately a year ago and the decision made in August 18. Is DWP saying that it can’t print the UC 50 off once it is scanned or just that it is not prepared to in this case, do you think? I thought that all UC50s etc, were scanned on receipt? It surely can’t be right that DWP is saying that it can’t provide the claimant’s main evidence for an appeal that is only a few months old.

person who wrote that sub either has NO understanding of IT at all, or doesn’t have Adobe/similar available, along with a printer.

[ Edited: 5 Nov 2018 at 12:47 pm by Daphne ]